• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which agrivillers are addicts?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which agrivillers are addicts?

http://www.theseenandtheunseen.com/2011/10/a
    ddicted-government/

Well I'm not addicted to right-wing BLOGS so...at least I don't have that addiction.

Comment

Right or left is immaterial, wil, and I'm going to
      venture a guess rhat you know how to balance a
      chequebook. . And wouldn't condone the
      spending spree numbers either.

Reckless spending is not owned by right or left, is
      it.
      It's going to dip to wool scarf weather tonight.
      Better don your long underwear. lol

Comment

Who is at least contributing(paying incometax) to offset their portion of per capita spending the government is engaged in. I know that corporately and personally combined I am. Some people will go to any length to avoid paying incometax, I find that philosophy regressive and find it hard to progress and grow. Government services are never free to the society they are supplied to.

Comment

Comment

http://www.economist.com/content/global_debt_clock

Maybe to late for canada?

Comment

Farmranger: Sounds like you are the one subsidizing crop insurance under the circumstances you quoted. I'm not in it so I am not receiving your "benefits".

Comment

If I had actually been paid in cash all the crop insurance "subsidy" that I've supposedly benefitted from, I'd be looking out my window at a line of machinery that might even rival Saskfarmer3s!

Comment

The old GRIP worked very well for me when we were 'droughted" out...regular crop insurance since then has been a bust and I discontinued it.

Grip was too good and helped too many farmers...that is why the government dropped it.

Insurance is always a gamble in which the seller of the insurance usually wins in the long run. It has always been thus.

Comment

to me the bigger question is if the economy slows down which programs will be cut and how will farmers be affected? for instance if the ethanol mandate is eliminated what will corn and wheat prices be then? if you figure private crop insurance would cost three times as much as govt. (since the producer is now paying 40% of risk and nothing of administration) what is the real risk/reward ratio and aren't margins tighter than they appear now? if a farm has a $40,000 crop insurance bill how would things look if they had to cough up another $60,000 or $80,000 to cover full cost? is there enough margin over ten years of average crops to pay the extra?

Comment

??????????????

All of us here know about the 50or -50 % sliding
                      income deductible scale,and the level of coverage
                      on the farms average.?

The return scale up has been a god send in resent
                      years,makes some "bullet proof".

The subsidy is fundamentally wrong, but so many
                      things are wrong-who cares.

Comment

Of any insurance coverage I've ever purchased, Crop insurance is by far the most expensive when considering the premium paid for the coverage received. I have to ask the question, are we really being subsidized with these so called premium reductions or is it a case where the whole program is so overburden with bureaucracy that the cost of running the program with government involvement is far greater than it would be with the private sector taking the reigns and competing for the business.
                        I may not be the one to ask this question as we have scaled back our crop insurance to he bear minimum over the years only to preserve the so called experience discount as well have dropped hail insurance completely. Not saying this is right way to go but has worked for us as those hefty premiums saved in both programs have gone right back into the equity in our farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...