• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDM Farms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDM Farms

LDM(Louis Dreyfus) is now farming. They are taking land away from farmers along the Qu'appelle valley. They are growing canola on canola for their crush plant and so far have not had any good crops, yet they are bidding up rents.

100% correct the putz who paid to much for rent
    now has a new title manager!

Comment

Just imagine, Canola on Canola not producing big yields! Who woulda thunk? (dripping sarcasm)

Maybe the manager should take an agronomy class.

Comment

Vertical integration. What will LDreyfuss do after the "manager" pays them what he owes? Will they drop that land because they got what was owing to them? Or...will they continue to control the property? HMMM..Maybe they are keeping the rent high in order to keep control of the property until the manager guy clears up what he owes.

Comment

Then CIH is involved to. New quad tracks with bourgault plus CIH combines and swathers.
          This is a long haul production. Started out with a putz not paying and will end up as one of our crushers having their own canola for certain times of need. I wont haul a bushel their. Similar to ESSO agent and farming you loose my support when you get into my game. I'm not going to feed money to a supplier to compete against me. JUST DONT WORK THAT WAY BOYS>

Comment

Sorry for being so thick, but how did this guy end up owing money to LDM?

Our local elevator here is strictly a grain point, no chem or fert. They owe us money right now.

Comment

How much is land rent in the area & what is LDM paying??? How many acres are there in the Qu'appelle Valley??? How many acres is LDM farming??? Does the River Bottom Flat soil carry on once yous are outta the Valley or is it a different soil type??? So this Manager was farming some River Bottom, Got in over his head with LDM, Now LDM is trying to farmitall to make their money back??? Thank you kindly.......

Comment

sounds like LDM would be better to take their first loss and walk away.

Comment

Suck it up boys.We are only one generation from the likes of Dryfeus etc from taking control in one form or another.Where do you think it will end up.

Comment

Me owning you gfer

Comment

You Go, SKF3!

Comment

I ask again, how did this guy end up "owing" money to LDM?

Comment

Sorry, nevermind, finally read the past long post about rent

Comment

Surprise, Surprise, Noone answered my Questions. Saskabush if'n yous want some help with the task at hand, Yous are gonna have to help me, help yous. Thank You............

Comment

like anything, if there is some money to be made new players are going to try to get into the farming game.
                              I doubt they have the stomach for it long term.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...