• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legislation on way next WEEK TO END CWB!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legislation on way next WEEK TO END CWB!!!!!!!!

Next week the Conservative Gov in Ottawa will issue legislation to allow farmers the rite to sell their HRS Durum to any one they want. So CWB supporters have the CWB and the rest of us have who ever pays the most.
    AH LIFE IS GOOD>

BEST NEWS ALL YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So how does the cwb fill those contracts and pay for those boats????

The cwb misread the election in may and the real producers wishes for an open market, so where are they going to get durum and wheat to fill contracts they have got from farmers.

They couldn't fill a 60000 tonne durum boat last fall for over six weeks. Millions in demurrage. That shows how much support the cwb really has. The bar coded envelopes really meant nothing. Too bad Oberg still doesn't get it.

Comment

My point all along is as a farmer I want choice. IT's my grain my property not some neighbors. IT's mine.
        The CWB should have been busy working on a plan a much smaller CWB but a CWB for those who want it.
        FAIR IS FAIR. Some guys want it and should be allowed to have it. But I choose not to its also fair that I have that chance.

Comment

And if the CWB has the price and still exists, i'll sell to them. But wasn't that the point all along?

Comment

Bucket: If you think the election in may as far as the cwb and farmer votes for majority go, then someone better sit you down and explain all about the political ridings and a majority vote in this country. All a majority does is free up restrictions in the house some. Farmer voting in no way give this a majority gov.

Comment

The mono's aren't interested in being fair or in playing fair. They want it all and they don't care what they have to do to try and keep it. They're always right, everyone else is always wrong, and facts be damned. Well those days are numbered and soon will be nothing more than ancient history.

Comment

smallguy

What I meant was:

The cwb thought it would be a minority again and their single desk would be safe.

The real producers are the guys farming not sitting in offices or old folks homes.

And the cwb is not listening to the young farmers asking for changes.

Comment

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=41&Ses=1&D ocId=5169182&File=11

Notice Paper
                  No. 30

Monday, October 17, 2011

11:00 a.m.

October 13, 2011 — The Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board — Bill entitled “An Act to reorganize the Canadian Wheat Board and to make consequential and related amendments to certain Acts”.

Recommendation
                  (Pursuant to Standing Order 79(2))
                  His Excellency the Governor General recommends to the House of Commons the appropriation of public revenue under the circumstances, in the manner and for the purposes set out in a measure entitled, “An Act to reorganize the Canadian Wheat Board and to make consequential and related amendments to certain Acts”.

Comment

For a organization that says it has no assets, who gets the money from the sale of the hopper cars and that fantastic investment in boats???

Not to mention the downtown Winnipeg real estate???

Comment

Praise
                      be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      !!!

I am pinching myself, over and over, and
                      over,
                      and.......................................

Comment

Nobody should be surprised by this move on
                        the Conservatives' part. It is perfectly
                        in keeping with their philosophy. Removing
                        the CWB monopoly is simply a shift from a
                        policy of 'collective bargaining', to one
                        that supports individual businesses
                        ability to succeed. It's quite something
                        how many farmers have upside-down politics
                        on this one. Must be confusing for them.

Comment

There are so many regulations, protocols and rules turned upside down with the elimination of the single desk that it will surely strain the brain of Ritz and co. They'll be lucky to get this all settled in such a short time frame. Seems to me that they have been sitting on their thumbs all summer and finally got their act together. Watch for lots of fireworks in the House of Commons as poor old Ritz gets interrogated by the opposition.

Comment

Maybe they could hire some ex cwb employees to get the job done :-)

Comment

Bucket,

Don't be surprised if every last cent is gone; by the time the 8 'single minded' CWB directors finish with the CWB. They are planning to use every possible method to insure the voluntary CWB comming forward does not work and is still born.

What a waste. The extra PPO premium charged on our CWRS basis proves the CWB managers could care less about commercial grain growers!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...