• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fixed price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed price

Big jump in futures today. Fixed price 13.5% delivered south central Alberta $7.01CD. Cash price delivered Billings area 13% $8.84US. Same old crap.

So move to the USA if you want better prices. Looks like their market is better than ours. You do know that they buy where the supply is closer...less freight to pay.

I suppose that if there was more demand for our wheat the price would be higher too.

Comment

Good answer, Willy, you must be a supporter. Don't worry about the facts, just take the CWB crap hook,line and sinker. Must be nice to live in a world of make believe.
      It will soon be over. Only 11 1/2 shipping weeks left.

Comment

Oops, I should be working for the CWB. My math was way out. It should be 40 and a half shippings weeks left.
        Allan, is there an opening for an accountant at the CWB, I think I just proved that I have the right qualifications.

Comment

Why stop at telling someone to move to USA, how about Great Britain, anywher in EU, Kazakstan, China LOL, Australia would be more my pick :-),
          Argentina, Brazil. Very painfull to be a cwb supporter these days, revenge.

Comment

Willy old boy, do you actualy beleive this is a one time deal? This has been the same deal for at least three years, day after day year after year. Do you still believe in Santa too? wow.
            Yep, the good old borg is givin us a premium - it's called a token hand out at Christmas, Easter and the summer solist. Look back in history, I am not far off. The cwb payments are made to make people feel good not make money.

Comment

Will you gave the answer I expected. I don't want to move to the US. I just want to be able to sell my own wheat, but in the mean time I want the CWB to tell me why the "price adjustment" is not transparent and why the CWB can't sell my wheat for the same amount as a little grain company in Montana.

Comment

will throw up today's fpc values. December basis (MGEX related classses) is strenghthening. The Dec. Mar. spread is also narrowing.

[URL="http://www.cwb.ca/db/contracts/ppo/ppo_prices.nsf/fixed_price/2011_index.html"]fpc[/URL]

Comment

My futures position is $30/tonne higher than current price. Talked to the board yesterday and I can do a $0 buyout. Swell. Oh ya but still have a $2.50/t admin fee. Live and learn, should have used my futures account, but didn't want to take the liability for the margin money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...