• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nexera Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nexera Canola

I might give Nexera a try again next year. Its been about four years since I'v grown it last and have finally gotten the bad taste out of my mouth. I'm wondering if the new varieties are comparable to the current top performers. Comments would be appreciated.

You first , let us know how it works out. Still waiting for the 25000 it cost me last time. some areas it seems to work, not ours.

Comment

I grew some about ten years ago. Swore I would never grow it again.

Comment

When you were young, did you ever stick your tongue to something made from steel at 40 below, and after ripping half the skin off, decide to try it again next year to see if you could really get away with it?

Comment

Didn't grow any, but went on some plot tours. Every plot I saw the new hybrids look spindly and sick and were a good two weeks later than 5440 or 7345. Not for me but let me know how you make out.

Comment

I grew 1000 acres nx106 it yielded the same or beter than the new dekalb, on our farm it averaged 40bus/ac and the other varieties did the same. Just sold the works for $14.40 per bushel over three delivery periods.Sold some conventional the same day for $12.31per/bus. It seem to work on this farm. It isnt an invigor but it doest cost $60 per acre to seed either. the 2 dollar per bushel premium sure feel good as the price gets lower.

Comment

Four hell no's and a sure. How did you swing a two buck premium, best I can see is a little over $1?

Comment

LDM yorkton $25 grower premium plus $35 trucking premium next years crop is opposite $35 grower premium plus $25 trucking.

Comment

Far from a $2.00 preium in n.e. sask also.

Comment

Still $60/t is not $2/bu. $4 early book grower incentive, what else? I live 10 miles from my crusher so no big truck premium for me.

Comment

Sorry I got my figures wrong it was supposed to
                      be $35 and $45 total $80 per ton over
                      conventional canola.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...