• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

legislation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

legislation

Does anyone know when Minister Ritz plans on introducing the legislation in the House.

Sept is winding down and I thought we would have seen something by now. The freedom clock is ticking along faster than you may think and the next step is seeing the plans the Minister has for the CWB in an open market. Also what happens with transportation and the CGC. These 2 issues have to be addressed at the same time as well.

Its called dropping the ball. And they seem to be good at it.

I seriously think they use the cwb issue only for votes and then go back to wasting time.

If they were serious this bill would have been pre-wrote and ready for the day after the election.

Tom usually has insight into this but has been pretty quiet, which makes me think the conservatives are going to pass on getting this done. Silence speaks volumes.

Comment

If they don't get this done, there are no
      conservatives in Ottawa, just a bunch of blue
      liberals

Comment

Bucket,

"Tom usually has insight into this..."

Tom is harvesting the crop... and is no smarter than you on this.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Nor can it be changed in a day... as our friends at the CWB promise us.

Must go harvest some wheat! Are you folks done?

Have a great day!

Cheers and God Bless... be safe and spend some quality time with family... you can't go wrong investing there!!!

Comment

uh, Tom

Maybe the conservatives could do some actual work that they promised what, uh, five years ago? It is the one election promise that they have been working on for quite some time. That's called dropping the ball. Other promises have happened in a heartbeat.

Comment

I'm no expert on legislation but I read today that if it isn't passed by Dec 15 then parliament recesses till end of january. Will it be too late by then.

After parliament resumes late January I would assume it would take another month or so. That delays to end of february.

I would think the Grain trade would want to start forward contracting deliveries, making sales, booking freight, etc by then and without knowing what the rules are it would make it tough to do so.

I hope Minister Ritz gets the ball rolling soon....

Comment

Has anyone read the Pat Martin quotes?
              Telling farmers to operate under the assumption of status quo for 2012.
              "passion and strong belief we are on the side of the angels with the CWB"
              basically promising they will delay the legislation till mid June etc.
              Holy canola Batman should I get angry about the possibilities or just laugh it off??

Comment

Its been a long while since the election and we've
                heard nothing about timeline nor plan from Ritz
                office. Wonder why?

Comment

Didn't the gov't have a taskforce working on transition issues? I would imagine Ritz wants that report in hand when legislation is introduced. When wingnuts like Pat Martin or others ask questions about what will happen it would be important to have the answers in hand.

Comment

This is stuff that should have all been done by now. Ritz is obviously very misinformed or lacks the ability to get this job done.

It looks like they are running scared and its disheartening.

The sooner the cwb file is put to rest, the sooner prices start to firm for the 2012 growing season. And that is something I can hardly wait for. Farming is going to get better.

Comment

Ritz is a "paper tiger"...all roar but no action.

The incompetence of this current crop of politicos is outstanding from start to finish.

Comment

Bucket, maybe the task force report is late. Regardless, can we expect or even want the gov't to have all the answers on their own. Governments have a history of completely screwing up when they get pushed and pulled in every direction.

My concern with Minister Ritz is only this: He's had the courage and wherewithall to go ahead with marketing freedom and alot of the people he should depend on for help designing a new system are just saying f--k the board. Or, in the case of the board are saying, f--k it all he's in a tough spot. I hope his policy staff are digging in to help him as well.

Whether you like Minister Ritz and/or hate the CWB, if we want marketing freedom we MUST support the minister. He is the only way freedom can come.

Comment

Perhaps the question is:
                          Has the PM put too much cache into this openly to back down?

Comment

How can people support the minister when he is
                            so obscure. We dont hear a word about planning,
                            meetings, committees, input, direction. We need
                            someone to light a fire under him. His ad isors
                            must be pathetic wimps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...