• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cwb radio interview

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cwb radio interview

Just heard a women from
    cwb on our farmers hour
    saying what a debacle
    Australiawheat marketing
    is.she also stated if mote
    voted in plebiscite the vote
    would have been even higher
    for single desk a farmer
    revolt was mentioned if its
    done away with. She couldn't
    Have piled the crap much
    higher and thicker

Was done via cellphone sorry for poor grammar

Comment

That's what we have been dealing with on an ongoing basis. Lies, twisted truths, rigged votes, all in an effort to keep an institution that farmers don't want.

Comment

Interesting, who is this woman? Do you have a link to it?

Comment

No threats or anything just wondering why would you be hearing this stuff in Australia?

Comment

Whatever happened to Deanna Allen
            anyways?

Comment

just got home.
              on a real computer she said if more farmers voted the figure for pro single desk would have been much higher.
              no link that i can find but she was from cwb

Comment

there was another guys from was it national farmers union argueing the polar opposite and someone else from another grower body in canada playing the political line saying the govt promised at election change would happen so they have to go through with it.

maybe it was our radio guys rang a correspondant in canada for view for and against cwb i admit i missed the first 20 seconds of ramble then started taking notice once i heard the content.

does your govt of the day have majority numbers or its a coalition of 2 parties to get the numbers,to get legislation through, and does it have to go through 2 houses of parliment before change can occur? If so does the same party control both houses of parliment?

Comment

Mallee,

Our Conservative Majority (166 of 308) on May 2 2011 means both the governing House of Commons and Senate are Majority Conservative controlled.

This vote thing is wild!

Should Criminals be required to vote to pass the new crime bills in the House now just being presented? Must every one in Canada vote to pass the Conservative promise to end the Long Gun Registry?

Mallee... without a vote the Liberal CWB minister Changed the CWB Act... by order in council... to force the CWB monopoly on grain growers.

On 17 May 1996 an order requiring wheat and barley exporters to show an export permit from the Canadian Wheat Board at the U.S. border was CWB Minister Goodales response to the CWB 'single desk' being struck down by a Canadian Court in Manitoba.

Clearly the CWB is an Act of Parliament... installed by an Order in Council. It would be truly fair to remove it the same way!!!

Comment

I hope this link works.

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/content/2011/s3314183.htm

Go down the page to where it says audio and it is the second of three audio stories. I just happened to tune in online to the Country Hour yesterday, something I often do. It is a good noonhour radio program on ABC radio and has a lot of the current Aussie farm news stories.

Comment

Yes we are under a coalition gov't.
                      Reform and Con's form the PC's to gain enough support to become a majority gov't.

Comment

Yes, the old PCers got conned by the old Reformers to join up with them. Now many old-guard former PCers would like to kick Harper's ass back to Calgary where he belongs. Harper's right-of-center religious right kooks are going to revamp this country and not in a way that may want.

More prisons, more armed forces, more Bible thumping to come. Stand by folks its just beginning.

Comment

malleefarmer

You understand now that wheat in Canada is 13.5 % percent protein and 86.5 % politics. Perhaps why you never see a dollar sign ($) or a number/price in most postings here.

Comment

i got the interview on a different station but similar slant all off a sudden were interest in candadian ag or maybe it was the same but a longer version,it went for about 15 minutes
                            anyway you get it the idea

Comment

Yes we are trying to emulate the
                              States "more prisons,more armed

forces,more bible thumping" this

stupid on crime bill is going to cost

$13 BILLION - When Crime rate has been dropping for 20 years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...