• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLANS FOR NEXT YR?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem. Live in different worlds and our choice of investment strategies would reflect that. Not good or bad - just different. I have taken some courses at the university of speculation which involved some hefty tuitition. My decision is as much stress test as anything - didn't like the decision around stops/strategies first thing in the morning at breakfast. Others here are likely better at it.

Comment

Help me to understand is this a leveraged ETF
      long or short 30year treasuries?

Comment

charlie,

lol

Comment

Actually I exited half my portfolio today and have cash now today. So far no loss or gain on this transaction other than the loss I just stomached. Cotton I like this trading and typically invest in companies with a low pe ratio so far works for me. GWO just turned out a small loss. Was one of them dividend companies that I tried. I thinking they are tied into the euro thing so thought to get out and see where the dust settles. Cotton these publicly traded companies are making money and employing people. Life will go on for these companies. Its average Joe that has to pay the tax not the publicly traded company. Joe will still work and need work.

Comment

3x long,long dated treasuries.Based on price not
            yield.

One of the things that never cross's any canadians
            mind is the fact that many people around the world
            wake up and all the money they thought they had
            in the bank is gone.

The top douche of bank of nova scotia was on bnn
            and said "yes we have exposure to french banks,but
            i'm not saying anything else"

?????????-**** you prick,your god damn well
            obligated in my mind,to tell us everything NOW

Remember that lehmans was triple a rating when it
            went down

Comment

It's amazing how they can make a financial
              product to do anything for anyone. My investing
              style is a lot less exciting than yours. I think over
              the next year there will be great buys among
              P&C insurers. Meanwhile life companies will
              have a long road ahead of them ie. Manulife.
              I guess if you know long dated treasuries are
              going to be bought up by the bernanke then
              someone will develop a leveraged ETF that's 3x
              short manulife.

Comment

Original thinking as I understand it is that the worlds money is going to flee Europe and banks with exposure to europe and move into commodities and rally the price of grains.

Sure have not seen this the last few days. Is this still a belief that will occur, or is the us $ going to just keep appreciating.

Part of me sure wants to believe the grains will hold stable or increase, but part of me thinks that values today are not that bad and it sure would suck to watch everything drop by 1/3 and then I sell.

Thanks to everyone who does post on this site with there ideas and thinking ahead. I realize not everyone is going to be right, but I am sure learning lots just from the exposure.

Comment

Not good

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rMRkWnwU81g/Tn0s8oj0b8I/AAAAAAAAApg/J-XVCn4vCV8/s1600/snapshot-918.png

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...