• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smartphone Reception

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartphone Reception

Hi all,
    I'm in the market for a new cell, being in sask I'm stuck with Sasktel or Telus. Currently have a BB Storm 2 and it does ok but since most of my land is on the fringes of civilization I'm looking for something that will get better reception, hold calls better and have more reliable internet access when in the boonies. I'm not looking for a BB vs Iphone pissing match, I'm just looking for input on experience with a make or model that has noticably better reception than others, like the old Kycorea or Nokians.

TIA

Get a land line or else move back to civilization.

Comment

I have a Blackberry as well and the same
      problem. It drops far more calls than my
      old phone did.

Comment

Put a landline on every field? Sound like a brilliant CWB plan.

Comment

I would reccomend the iphone 4 because sasktel has it on for 160.00 but then you get 100.00 off your first bill.I can't gaurantee it won't drop calls but my guess is that it is as good as the rest of them.I actually just cancelled my land line.

Comment

I hated the reception on my Iphone4 until
            I put it in an Otterbox. Now it works
            better than my old RAZR2. There's
            something about touching the outer rim of
            the phone that kills the antenna gain. Any
            silicone skin will help. If you need it
            there is a $100 booster available for the
            Iphone that will get you 5 bars anywhere.

Comment

Tucker tell me more about this booster. Anything worht buying that I have seen has been $400 .

Comment

I checked with the friend I know who has
                one and it is a $400 booster that MTS
                discounted to $100 because he complained
                so bitterly about coverage in his area.

Comment

From my techie 20 something advisor, the big issue with smart phones in some areas is the amount of band width they use relative to the traditional cell phone I use. Always checking back to the tower for emails/web access. Cell tower coverage is needing to be increased. Also very limited (one day) battery life if you have on full function (internet, email, etc) all the time (1 day/charge at night).

Comment

Wilson Cellular has antenna booster, last time I talked them was about close to 400 bucks for outdoor booster. I think if I recall for outdoor booster it would be 400 and for indoor booster would be about half cost. For those outdoor booster it has to be direct toward 3G Tower which it is didn't easy. Communication Groups sell those products.

Comment

Wilson has a Wireless booster, it picks up signal and rebroadcasts it via a roof antenna.

BlackBerries, Iphones, etc don't have an antenna port, so Wireless booster is the best choice. Also saves battery power because the phone can throttle it's output to minimum levels.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...