• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harpers answer on the wheat board survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harpers answer on the wheat board survey

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/harper-flies-solo-on-jobs-government-jets-and-wheat-board/article2171741/

And on the wheat board, Kevin Lamoureux, who represents the riding of Winnipeg South for the Liberals, asked about a plebiscite that found that Prairie grain farmers want to keep the agency the Conservatives plan to dismantle.

Having allowed Agriculture Gerry Ritz to take an earlier question about the board, Mr. Harper decided to field this one himself.

“It is interesting to have a question from a member who does not have, to my knowledge, a single farmer in his riding,” he said. “Let us talk about the facts. In this so-called plebiscite not only did a significant portion vote against the wheat board, it did not include those tens of thousands of farmers who have walked away from that institution.”

The wheat board gets to pick its own voters, Mr. Harper said. “I guess if they could do that over there, the Liberal Party could even win an election in the West. The fact of the matter is, western farmers voted for marketing freedom and that is what they are going to get.”

Now that's what I like a politician to say.

Comment

So why doesn't it just get done.

It's all talk until they put it down in law.

Comment

"The man who prorogued Parliament twice to avoid being turfed out gives the CWB a lecture on democracy...

The man who was found in contempt of Parliament for withholding information gives the CWB a lecture on democracy...

The man who won his majority with 39.6% of the 61% of voters that showed up on election day gives the CWB a lecture on democracy."

"How many farmers are there in Harper's Calgary riding?"

Comment

A fundamental right under our parlimentary democracy is the right to own property......and to do whatever you want with that property! No way should anybody be able to tell you who you can sell it to!
          Without property rights our so called democracy becomes nothing more than MOB RULE......where the MOB(majority) can take the individuals property.
          Harper is doing the right thing. Standing up for the very basis of our democratic system.

Comment

Its the wheat board that has no business talking about "democracy" after what they just tried to pull with their shame of a vote.

Comment

I mean SHAM of a vote. But yes they should feel shame after what they've just tried to pull.

Comment

Marketing choice is on its way Chucky whether you agree or not. Time to quit whipping your dead horse and move on. Give freedom of choice a chance and I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. You and the crazy 8 at the board need to turn your energies to something constructive rather than the doom and gloom approach you've chosen and we will all be better off for it. The negativity that resonates from the anti-choice side is exhausting. Agriculture has a extremely bright future. Lets work together rather than against.

Comment

chuckchuck
                  You should read the news, Jean Chretien used the ability to prorogue parliament more than Stephen Harper has.

You shouldn't quote stats on election results as the CWB survey had more people vote against than for when you count all the so called ballots sent out versus the ones in favour of the CWB.

Comment

I met with Kevin Lamoureux last summer to talk
                    about the CWB. He admitted to not knowing
                    much about the CWB and couldn't argue for or
                    against it. He thanked me for my input and said
                    that he would take the information to his caucus
                    for review. He ended by saying that even if I
                    gave him a compelling argument for the removal
                    of the single desk, he could never counter the
                    party line in public - anything he says IS the party
                    line. And the party line on the CWB comes from
                    Goodale.