• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat prices

Wheat has shed about $20 per tonne here in sept but cbot its almost $40 per tonne but basis here in aust is narrowing, its getting very dry and most parts need a drink to achieve potential yeilds.

Northern Hemisphere harvest in full swing yeilds maybe better everywere than first thought,exports slow,global economic dramas which appears to be weakening demand,and seems stocks are rising world wide,downward pressure seem inevitable.

I though sometime soon its gonna have to be oversold and speculators will start buying again on paper.

CottonCotton were are you i need you tell me im wrong again and pep me up, sort seems a bit gloomy coming into our harvest.

Sold 30% of expected production at $320 port per tonne which equates $285 on farm. Then thinking come harvest we would be around 280/285 port but were on $255 at the moment cash foward prices.

cheers all

actually sounds like a question for a marketing forum oh shit it is sometimes i forget........

Comment

mallee,

Close to same price for 1 CWRS/DNS 13.5/14px farm gate CWB price here.

Basis has not narrowed in CWB land...

US DNS14 PNW port @ $385ish CWB @$300.

Were at worst basis almost ever. Big crop volume if ergot not a problem... frost did less damage than first thought here.

Premium subtracted for CWB marketing... minus $85/t.

SICK.

Hope to share CWB with you soon!!!

Comment

Fundamentals on wheat the least bullish. Will continue to follow corn and soybeans with the dark clouds (perhaps wild card) the overall economic situation. Lower quality of world wheat will continue to move into feed markets and provide some support.

Wheat charts not looking pretty (or in another way of thinking, pretty ugly).

[URL="http://farms.com/FarmsPages/Markets/tabid/214/Default.aspx?page=chart&sym=MWZ11"]December MGEX[/URL]

Comment

Barack just wrapped up,we will see how things are
          digested.Speech was a deflationary responsible
          one,but i stopped drinking that cool-aid a while
          back.

The fed and the greece thing are on the table this
          week.

Shortterm they could take this thing anyway.

If the punch bowl is taken away and all these
          underwater entities are liquidated we will see an
          across the board flash crash,if they come out saying
          they'll capitalize everything that needs it on the tax
          payers backs assets should rise.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...