• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Superstition Play a Role in Your Marketing Decisions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Superstition Play a Role in Your Marketing Decisions?

For example, do you avoid Friday the 13th? Or do certain numbers, for whatever reason, pop out at you?(258 is a number i don't want to repeat)

Not so much superstition as procrastination.

Comment

I have a nieghbour retired farmer now that every time he says prices are gonna go up he was right 4 out of 4 times. I use him as a marketting tool without him knowing for fear it will ruin it. For some reason when he was farming he typically waited for the price to fall back down pretty far when he sold.

Comment

Parsley,

"258 is a number i don't want to repeat"

Does this mean trouble cause you just repeated... 258!!!

I am superstitious that your superstition... is superstitious!

Planning and carrying out those plans... to make a profit... is common sense and good economics. Friday the 13th has NOTHING to do with it!!!

Comment

What ever the Gov't and so called experts tell you to do - do the opposite!

Comment

You constantly gamble, Tom, so you must be rolling lucky eights.

Comment

Parsley,

Luck has NOTHING to do with it!

Good timing... better planning... and the will to never quit: are the keys to win. Building prosperity is about hard work and a strong ethical base to guide that work!!!

Cheers!!!

Comment

From What I can tell, 423 "Main"ly is bad luck for most on this site.

Parsley: what would invoke such a question?

Comment

First greed then panic are usually the decision makers.
                  Sell above the average is best I try to do. Am too optimistic, too many variables other than supply and demand throw a wrench into my plans too often.

USDA reports more often cost us money. Suspect some USDA tampering for Gov goals.

Comment

farmaholic, I often am told that bad things happen in threes.

I wondered if it would be mentioned in relation to marketing, but I didn't want to lead on an answer. Pars

Comment

Parsley: I've heard of that as well, around here people used to say it about deaths.

My marketing strategy is like fjlip's. I too always hold out for that last nickel (Like 12.95 a bushel for canola isn't good enough--has to be 13) and that when is slides I dig my heals in and ride it down hoping to price it on the next spike, sometimes it recovers sometimes it doesn't.
                      To be honest I have become more disciplined since greed has taught me afew lessons.

Comment

At least you recognize when you're being greedy. LOL I have never been able to decide what a 'reasonable' amount of highbush cranberries is, that I should pick. The clumps are so red and shiny and inviting and irresistible. They call my name audibly. lol

I lose reason.

Greed is real. And superstition is too. So is attraction. Belief.

It's all in the head, isn't it? But the mind profoundly affects what we do, and suppresses reason.

Greed really affects marketing decisions, I agree.

Comment

Very deep and profound pars.

I've stayed in a hotel without a 13th floor because of superstition, but the people on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on.

Comment

Only one I allow into my thinking is to never sell on a day when the sun doesn't come up...

Comment

don't have to worry about superstition, I have bigger worries I have a reform party mp who thinks the earth is only 7000 years old and now tells me the gov't will set up a dual market on their own.

Puts the word 'mental' in fundamentalist

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...