• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have problem with engine air filter on CaseIH

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have problem with engine air filter on CaseIH

We were blowing the engine air filter out every day in the wheat. Now into this very dry dusty canola we are having major problems. The pre cleaner keeps plugging up, anyone got any fixes for this?

What we did on our 2188 was put a 4' extension on the intake to raise the precleaner out of the dust. You also have to extend the aspirator hose as well, but it made a huge difference for us.

Comment

join the club, been fighting that
      for couple years.
      if yours is an 02 with plastic shroud up top , its the worst.
      you can fight trying to seal the leaks and get fine screens and improved seals for air screen .
      your precleaner could have the tubes melted out. yes
      spend lots at case for no results.

or get the air intake close to the height of hopper topper , with some kind of precleaner and screen.
      now it's about 50% better than 2188

Comment

a standard 2188 is 5 times better than the 23 before the fix

Comment

If this is a new combine you have to blow out the holes in the tube leading to the filters. Update coming apparently.

Comment

When all is working correctly, how often does the filter need cleaning?
            Old 9600 goes all harvest.
            Rotaries are way dustier, IMHO.

Comment

Take a look on thecombineforum lots of discussion on how to address the issues with it plugging. Just search for 8120.

Comment

I checked the combine forum, some mentioned door seal and warped screen plate as some problem areas. Dusty dry canola seems to be the worst. We cannot make it a day after cleaning the pre cleaner, apparently it is the thing plugging up then the filter must take all the shit coming in. So we are working on it this morning. We had the filter housing off 6 times now to clean that pre cleaner, so we are paying some attention to door and screen seals. There is some chaff coming in some how. We are reducing our spreader speed more today also.

Comment

Hopper, here's a quick fix.

1.  Loosen air cleaner bracket.
                  2.  Remove combine.
                  3.  Reattach to later model JD combine.

Should work.  ;-)

Comment

Our 9650 sts has gone through the harvest with out cleaning the filter...I think the JD's have a better chopper that throws the straw and chaff farther from the machine...

Comment

found a missing part of seal from the screen suction to other side of radiator, supposed to suck the chaff off the screen. put in sponge seal and duct taped the connection was hoping it would help, but still only made it 8 hours. The same time a rub bar let loose and we had to go home anyway so down for the night, get parts and put things back together tomorrow. Oh we slowed the spreader to the point it was not working but had to speed it back to 350rpm to get even spread otherwise it was bunchy, its still spreading 30 feet. Adjusted the flaps down. No avail on filter problem. Can't believe no one got a fix for this. Dealer did try putting a snorkel intake on extending 5 feet above hopper, did not work.

Comment

It sounds like it has to be a leak somewhere
                        between that snorkel and the filter. Can you put
                        a leaf blower on the intake to put a little pressure
                        in the system to feel an air leak anywhere?

Please forgive the earlier joke, I was trying to
                        add a little humour, but realized it might not be
                        appreciated when you're dealing with a frustrating
                        problem.

Comment

No worries. I don't mind a joke thrown in. Back pressurize the system to find a leak or gap. I actually wrote that one down. Could card board and duct tape the rad to see where the air escapes easiest from.
                          What would we do without duct tape?

Comment

There another website that has plenty of historic threads. http://harvesting.com/combine
                            choose the Case IH and guranteed someone has experienced this and solved it one way or another.
                            Farm Ranger, I run CIH and that was pretty funny. I will use that one for the hired man when we are fixing.

Comment

Here is what I got from that harvesting.com/combine website.

If you are cleaning the filter and the asperator every day you may have a bad seal on the rotory screan. Also check the yellow wear strip under the rotory screan. If you see black areas on the yellow seal, you need to change that also. One of my 2388s was plugging the filter and asperator almost every day. The seal did not look that bad but I changed it any way and it made a world of difference. Make sure the tube from the precleaner, venturi, to the exhaust is open. Also all the tubes in the precleaner must be open. Your problem should not be happening every day. Maybe every 500-1000 acres but not as you say.
                              It(yellow seal kit) is a service item to be checked after initial 200 hrs and every 50 hours after that. 87302735 from the Case-IH update/kits book I have.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...