• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4mmt of SPECIAL CWB feed wheat made today!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4mmt of SPECIAL CWB feed wheat made today!

Dear Charlie,

Add 4-6mmt of low grade CWB discount 'single buying desk' sales to the export program this morning!

THe CWB... SAVED by the FROST.

Now they only need to discount milling wheat and Durum into the US by $50/t instead of $80/t like they did on the 2009 crop!!!

High quality means big price discrimination discounts are required!!!

Now we have low quality high quality!

CWB Sales at low values for high quality... the 'single buying desk' at its finest hour!!!

Just curious on stage of maturity and impact of frost on remaining grain. The areas east of highway 2 Calgary/Edmonton that I have seen will likely see bran frost/maybe some shriveling with an outcome of a dodgie 2/maybe a 3CWRS but I suspect not a lot of Canada. Need to give a reality check.

Comment

should be not a lot of Canada Feed.

Comment

Just got off a market outlook conference call and an interesting observation about corn versus wheat. Recent Egyptian business (Ukraine/Russia successful tender) was close to USD $280/tonne FOB (loaded boat exporting country). US corn prices FOB Gulf - $305 to $310/tonne. HRW 12 % protein - $320/tonne. Soft Red Wheat - $270 to $275/tonne.

Feed wheat will replace corn in some export markets.

Comment

Charlie,

Not one load of 1CWRS has been harvested here in east central AB.

All Canada Feed. And because of ergot... a POOR Canada feed.

We are being so ripped off by this system. Ergot is easily removed today. Yet we are being stripped of over $50/t when it can easly be removed for $20/t.

If ever it was a project for the 'single desk' to protect growers... it was here. Instead the 'single buying desk' makes this twice as bad.

Just like in 1993... when growers who were told by the CGC and CWB to burn their wheat in the field... not harvest it... and the US offered more for this horrible grain than the CWB did for #1CWRS.

Does anyone really question why this tyranical monopoly must be broken?

I say it is the idea the 'single desk' truthers like... the POWER they have to tell neighbours what to do... and how to do it... sadly nothing practical nor productive to prosper from!!!

The last thing this can be called is 'co-operation! The CWB is simply confiscation by a majority of folks that love a tradition and culture of entitlements!!!.

Comment

Ergot is a big issue most areas of Alberta. Will leave the single desk side alone.

What research is being done to deal with ergot on the agronomic and plant breeding side? This is an on going problem that seems to be getting worst. You have indicated over time can be dealt with via color sorters and gravity cleaning tables to some extend.

Comment

This just my experience with ergot. Make sure they clean the sample before they start counting pieces of ergot. Makes a lot of difference!!!!! sorry to butt in.

Comment

If it is easily clean your wheat to gain an extra $30/mt then get off you butt and do it.

Don't blame the CWB for something that you can choose to upgrade on your very own.

I dislike the CWB as much as you, but it's not all their fault.

Comment

They run a fusarium program for Manitoba, what`s the difference? Maybe that's why the love the board so much.

Comment

JohnGalt,

Excuse me but they bend us over backwards to fix fusarium issues in the eastern prairie.

It is most certainly a marketing issue... and one that we have fought about just like falling numbers and protein. And on top it is easily fixed with perfect results every time.

Comment

Once again you have made my point and shot down your own arguement. It is easily fixed, so fix it.

Fusarium is an issue every season. High ergot numbers is not.

You should be relishing the chance to make your grade better and not rely on the CWB to market your feed wheat.

I feel that you wanting the CWB to have an ergot program, flies in the face of almost every other post that you have made against the CWB.

You want market freedom, but at the same time expect the CWB to blend your ergoty wheat with my good wheat. Can't have it both ways.

Comment

Ergot is one of those nuisance things. May meet specifications in a contract but light weight/floats to the top of a boat/is the first thing the customer sees when they crack on a boat on arrival at port.

Comment

JohnGalt

You pay cleaning charges on every board grain bushel you sell. Most years the grain doesn't have to be cleaned.

The cleaning of ergot is the responsibility of those charging for cleaning.

The cwb, if it is fact looking after farmers interests, should ensure that the grain companies clean out ergot at no expense to the farmer.

Or at the very least put something together to move the grain to where the cleaning can be done. Effectively and efficiently for farmers with the problem.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...