• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enviro Canada/Weather Channel ... NO FROST... and Drew called FROST???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enviro Canada/Weather Channel ... NO FROST... and Drew called FROST???

Dear Larry,

It is a very strange world when Drew and his crew in Kansas City can call our weather... and yet Enviro Canada and our Canadians are sleeping once again!

THe weather chanel said it was supposed to be plus 2... and it is actually minus 4.

No frost warning was even given for us last night... yet at 8 pm it was only plus 2. You just had to know it was going to freeze.

So from Kansas City... Drew knows the weather forcast better than hundreds of Canadian 'fortune tellers'... who are little better to grain growers than entertainers!

My hat is off to Dew once again... he called our weather at farm tech in January... 6 months before it happened!!!

Why do we pay these people to brain wash us... and talk about global warming... while it freezes...

So what... global warming is causing Global cooling??? !!!

-8C in Rosetown right now.

Comment

I pay drew for his service and he is so accurate
      he makes me money. If I lived by environment
      Canada's weather forecasting I'd lose.

Comment

Enviroment Canada might as well just join the CBC... what a left wing crew that produces nothing yet gets paid to tell us stories!

Thanks for telling us the frost was comming Larry... I was hoping you would be wrong... but cut our Canola like Drew knew what was going to happen.

Once again Drew did not disappoint!

Good work!!! Bless him!!!

Comment

Enviro Can is an absolute waste of tax money

Comment

Environment Canada has been very accurate for our area this year. Last year not so much. I have little faith in their forecast that can change 4 times in a day. -3c here this morning

Comment

Come on guys, give weather boys here a break. How accurate would you be if you probably had golfing on your brain while you were working!!!

Comment

JDGREEN,

"Environment Canada has been very accurate for our area this year. Last year not so much. I have little faith in their forecast that can change 4 times in a day."

tHAT WAS AN OXYMORON... IF I EVER SAW ONE!!!

jUST LIKE THE FOLKS AT ENVIRO-Canada!

You are funny!!!

Comment

Sounds like your doing a pretext for more cuts to enviro canada Tom? I agree that they are terrible but we need something more than a guy from southern u.s. This means big dollars on many farms. Don't destroy it fix it, if he can do that good from there what would happen if we applied some technology and people right here on the prairies. We need it big time.

Comment

Enviro Canada was the coldest forecast at -5 and this time were closest for Wynyard.
                    Tomorrow morning Weather Farm says -2, Enviro Canada -1, Weather network 1.
                    Take your pick.
                    Nice to have a job and get paid even if your are wrong with forecasts.

Comment

Oxymoron Haha i guess so. But that's how its
                      been this year. I do marvel at drew however. In
                      July he had said frost date would be near
                      normal tending to slightly earlier. He nailed it by
                      4 days early of our average frost date here.

Comment

Same here JD. Thing that gets me is the comments that Enviro Canada is so underfunded. What a crock of b/s. I would bet my left nut that Enviro Cans budget is about 10x Drew Learners.

Comment

Enviro Can: budget for 2011/12 is 1.056 billion...

Staff = 6,000

Drew's staff = no more than 5 full and part time.

How many on CWB weather staff?

Comment

Weather forecasting is at the best a GUESS based on weather conditions hundreds and thousands of miles away. The factors used in these forecasts can change quickly and throw everyone's forecast out of whack.

Blaming weather services for not forecasting frosts or whatever is pointless and asinine to say the least.

There are NO absolutes no matter what service one uses.

Comment

Wilagro,

Drew, isn't right year after year by accident. His ability to forcast the weather is only surpassed by his honesty about the Junk Science that global warming is based on!

I specifically did not grow lentils based on Drews forcast. Drew probably saved us $100,000 on that... plus the Canola upgrade in grades because we trusted his first frost date!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...