• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB result delayed till Monday 12th Sept by MNP...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB result delayed till Monday 12th Sept by MNP...

Posted September 9th, 2011

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2011 – Winnipeg, MB – MNP LLP has advised that the results of the CWB producer plebiscite on the future of the single-desk marketing system for wheat and barley – originally scheduled for public release on Friday, September 9 – will not be released until the morning of Monday, September 12.

Plebiscite Coordinator, Ian Craven of MNP, said vote counting, tabulation and scrutiny has been underway since September 8. However, as it is now apparent that results will not be finalized until late this evening or early Saturday, a decision has been made to delay the release until the next business day.

The plebiscite voting period closed on August 24, with two weeks allocated for Canada Post delivery of mail-in ballots from farmers. More than 68,000 western Canadian producers were provided with a voting package.

MNP, a chartered accounting and business consulting firm, is the official coordinator of the 2011 CWB Producer Plebiscite

Since when does a vote/plebicite result not get announced when it is completed. If its completed tonight it should be released tonight. To do otherwise is only positioning to get maximum spin/publicity/impact/etc. which should have nothing to do with the vote announcement in any supposed democracy.

Comment

Guess they are looking for a few more dead people to vote.

Something stinks.

And the board had better be getting a huge discount from MNP for their incompetence in not meeting the contract requirement of announcing the results today. Farmer's money and some of it is mine, so I think they should discount their fee.There are no excuses for this.

Comment

Is it not funny the the CWB can change the rules at any time that they please... They all a bunch of of sore losers... Lets have bets that it has gone the way of prochoice...

Comment

Why do you think they need the weekend to tally the results?

Oberg is probably voting for any dead relative he has in the last 60 years.

Comment

My prediction is still on the table. There will be many twists and turns to this sad demise; and the final outcome will many times in the next year appear quite uncertain and unclear. Much like a horoscope.
            That court case bears watching. It will all hinge on some nitpicking detail that no one has yet contemplated.

Comment

MNP will be on double time Saturday and triple time Sunday. If I was them I would take another couple weeks to tabulate the results. I wonder if MNP will make a contribution to Obergs election campaign when he runs for Jacks old job as NDP leader.

Comment

I heard a rumour that the results were known on Thursday and that the CWB has told the Minister already.

So here's the likely strategy:

The plebiscite results favour the single desk, so the CWB wants to start using "every available resource" as soon as possible and wants to get a good bit of publicity as they kick their campaign into high gear.

But, before they can do that, they need to know for certain what the Minister's reaction is to the results.

So they get the results Thursday, tell the Minister Friday morning and get his response (that it means nothing and he's going to ignore them).

Then they wait until Monday (for greatest PR effect) and announce the results, announce that the Minister has rejected them, and announce your next step.

If they don't have the Minister's reaction, all they can do is announce the plebiscite results.

And wait for the Minister.

And then say what they're going to do.

It has much more impact if they can do it all at once.

And the CWB is driving the story.

Comment

Typo alert:

Should read...

Then they wait until Monday (for greatest PR effect) and announce the results, announce that the Minister has rejected them, and announce THEIR next step.

Comment

jdepape

The cwb needs 34000 plus one to be in favour of the single desk to be a majority.

It will be interesting to see the vote results.

I can't believe it goes to the cwb side. Even my landlords are getting fed up with the cwb when they get bills for being .25 of a tonne short on a 20 tonne contract.

Comment

Bucket
                      They will spin a pro single desk result with only
                      11,000 votes if only 20,000 were returned.

Comment

you shouldnt spread rumors.

Comment

This just shows how MNP can mess up.

They did say if it was close they had to do a manual recount...

What a waste of time and money!

Comment

If you had 20 people counting lets say 30 000 ballots, with each person counting 20 a minute. It should be all done in an hour and a half.Either someone is playing games or they have some ndp employees counting at the rate of 1 per minute x 200 employees to (a make work project) It should only take ,with coffee breaks,saftey meetings and naps they should be done in 3 hours...

Comment

I think they are spending the weekend stuffing the boxes for the cwb side.

Oberg had it on his farmer's paid blog that the result comes on september 9.

It is all suspect now.

And no matter what the cwb says, its 34000 plus one to be a majority. Not 50 percent plus one of the returned ballots.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...