• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday crop report

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday crop report

Well here we go Friday allready. Peas done e
    even with rain. Average at best price sold
    good. Did canola after rain event and
    pleasently surprised. But have a few that are
    ugly ao will end up to as average crop. Doing
    durum running good but not my best ever.
    Price nice in ND. Wel next year maybe here
    grade ok. Most at 25 percent.

Sask,

If the 14 day forecast holds... we will have a very nice quality wheat crop. Not sure how Canola will take this... do the 'night shift' and cut it when it is soaking wet to stop shatter. Frost the end of May has really made a mess... flowering to dead ripe all in the same field... hope it cures out OK with no rain.
    Peas were pretty. Winter Wheat done. Hard white wheat comming off now. beautiful looking grain!!!

Comment

11 mile haul home, dust everywhere. That is my report.

Comment

Next year has finally arrived... finished red lentils today. Funny didn't outyield the large greens this year but a solid yield and excellent quality. Did first four quarters of durum average 71 bpa with one quarter at 77, ergot and bleached from last weeks rain so probably a #3 to #4. On to later seeded durum now and yield is much less at 50-55 but 15.5% px and next to no ergot, #1 for sure. Have a great and safe harvest weekend !!

Comment

JD Were Finding the opposite. Early Seeded Durum basically mudded in on what I thought was well drained 50 to 55. Later seeded wheat nice. Simply seeing that anything seeded into mud yield drops way down then where seeding was fine its mind blowing.
          Oh well good to here your next year arrived this year its nice to here. I'm hopping next year will be next year. GPS and Swath and Harvesting almost full quarters the water is gone still soft in those areas but no water or getting stuck (OK still getting stuck) But at least it looks like 2012 could be our comeback year as long as very little snow or fall rain. Good luck to all and have a safe harvest.

Comment

Oh yea Quality is really good on Early Durum and HRS Protein is also up very well and Barley went Malt start hauling Monday.

Comment

Those are great durum yields JDGreen. Hope the grade can be negotiated and you make some good green.

We finished on Thursday. Had a CX8080 ou for a demo. Great capacity. Two combines finished us up quick.

Our last crop was IN5440. Yield around 38 bpa.

There is a lot of late airplane canola still green in this area. Looks real poor. Frost predicted for Wed. Most canola here is low to mid 20s for average yield. Ergot still prevalent in wheat. Oats seem to be disaster, some samples less than 27 lbs/bus.

Comment

Canola has been a big disappointment so far. I
                was honestly expecting 50 . Socked the
                nutrients on, had what i thought was perfect
                moisture, canola swath so big it wouldn't go
                through the hole of the swather. First couple
                quarters ran under 40. Not bad but not near
                what I was expecting. Tiny canola seeds
                compared to normal.

Comment

Did you swath at correct color change?
                  The field with variable maturity with green seeds in some plants equals tiny seeds. Rest of fields bigger seeds, yields in the 30's due to June floods.
                  barley 50-70, spring wheat 50 @ 65lbs beautiful.
                  Dry dry at 11%mt. AT 44% combined.

Comment

Cant wait for 2012. Fields are almost end to end again. Sprayed most end to end and harvesting right through wet areas still have to watch but up and down again. YEA.
                    It will turn out to be an average yield year. Hills or higher areas awesome where we seeded in mud not nice. Enough said.
                    Safe week ahead.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...