• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al-Katib

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Al-Katib

Sure glad i'm not you,your niche is dead.

don't buy alliance grain shares then?

Comment

Could you explain please?

Comment

I must be missing something as well. Alliance Grain. It looks like they have announced another dividend payout of $0.15 for the end of the quarter September 30, 2011. AGT has devalued for sure,I dont know how to interpret that.

Comment

Red lentils shipped bulk?

Comment

Maybe cottonpicken reads the western producer.

Comment

Murad rows a big ship, it aint easy. I wouldnt
              want to try.

Comment

Charlie is right,he's in the producer,how would his
                business model ever compete with the bulk handling
                system,the chindians will be doing all the proscessing
                and handling at a much reduced cost.

Comment

Charlie is right,he's in the producer,how would his
                  business model ever compete with the bulk handling
                  system,the chindians will be doing all the proscessing
                  and handling at a much reduced cost.

Comment

Will leave this issue alone specifically but any business that is based on the next 10 years playing out like the last 10 is likely on path to failure. As markets like red lentils mature (always has been different than green lentils), the mechanisms for marketing will change. Also, there will be a need to key into specific customers - not all buyers will want red lentils that have been blended mulitple times and perhaps handled many times in a not too friendly seed enviroment. Don't have the expertise or knowledge that many of the experienced pulse producers who participate in this website but would note that peas (particularly yellows) have made the transition talked about in the article.

Comment

Way off topic but one of my most interesting adventures is as a consumer buying pulses at the store. All blemishes and issues are there for a consumer to see if they buy in the raw/bagged form. Same applies to markets in our major export customers - interesting to be in a market and watch consumers in different areas make purchase decisions. The consumer in all areas of the world wants quality and from personal experience (chomped into one in a lentil dish), no rocks.

Comment

agt could have trippled your money in 3 years once if invest at the right time. I think they rose too fast. I don't think they were doing anything different than the pulse plants they bought out. Must have been good at selling to some nitch market. PE ratio now sucks.

Comment

BAsically Viterra, and to a lesser extent JRI, moved about 10 percent of the CDN lentil crop last crop year. Greg Simpson would not beleive that "the bulk" of the red crop is moved by container, that is totally incorrect and he has been misquoted. There are single processing plants in Sask that move more product then JRI and Viterra move with all their facilities combined. Most countries can not accept a vessel of red lentils. Just does not work for the size of customers that are present in most of these markets. THe world is increasing it's demand of food products that are delivered with a specific quality. Viterra is increasing the risk of issues with our customers. Look at flax issues in Europe, canary in Mexico and pea issues in India, etc. Line companies blend screenings (like GMO canola) into the lentils that are shipped out of Canada and this is the risk Murad is referring to. What they are doing is dumbing down the quality of the CDN red crop and this loss flows down to the grower.

Comment

Sorry, i meant Greg Simpson would not believe that the bulk of the red crop is handled thru the line companies. Not even close.

Lentils in Turkey are unloading with up to 10% dockage. Show me a grower with 10% dockage across 30000 MT. This is the risk.

Comment

well said Dave. Agree 100%.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...