• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*&^#%%@ing sprayer ruts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*&^#%%@ing sprayer ruts

What are guys doing or have done in the past with the sprayer ruts in their fields? Any implement with smaller tires really gets shaken up when crossing these especially on a 90 degree angle. Combine pickups will be airborne if I don't slow down crossing them.

Banged my head In swather today so bad I
    almost thought I supported the CWB and voted
    NDP. Then I hit another rut and everything was
    right.

Comment

ROFL
      While we have some ruts in places, it's the
      badger holes that make my head hit the ceiling.

Comment

I try to do all field operations in the same direction as spraying on my rutted land. They will get a light cultivation this fall I hope.

Comment

Agree! Wish I'd sprayed E-W like the canola needs to be swathed!
          Blew a hyd hose after reel bounced over a set of ruts.
          Just slow down, no way out of this mess.

Comment

Refused to spray until fields dried up. They do dry up.

Worse subsidence is pipeline corridors.

Comment

Well checking, here one would have waited till early august to spray. A bit late. Sometimes there is no choice.

Comment

I was blessed enough to have a good neighbour who would spray our crop at Killam with an Airplane... for fungicide.
                Thanks Harvey Abbott 'A1'.

In EDmonton the 4WD/and Sprayer ruts are a big mess... not much grain in those areas anyway... need BIG tires on machines and air bag suspended pickups on Combine (615P Deere) are nice to stop damage!

Comment

We also put support wheels on the outer ends of all our headers, (made by Empire Manufacturing in Lloydminster).

They really help 'roll' the header instead of dragging/crashing it through the ruts (when tilting and flopping) then this means less stress and reduces the jerking/smashing some on the harvesting header cutting machines.

Comment

empires wheels work very well on swather. I even have mine now welded solid to the header instead of bolted. Nothing wrong with that. Need a good operator on the combines, should be able to skim the ground with the pick up when going over ruts, my worst ruts are the not well closed v ditch runs. I find sprayer ruts usually dissappear in time usually before next planting without working them and I have made a lot of them in the past. Maybe its my soil, that they seem to dissappear. Tractor combine ruts from being stuck need attention.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...