• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Tom

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I forgot Tom you see the 5% off of 30 dollars is not simpley 28.50 as you stated, surely you must simply not understand the program and not be trying to decieve anyone. Because the 5% is 5% off of your gross total acres. so like I said if you farm 3000 acres you loose 5% coverage of the 3000 acres, which is 150 acres. We are now loosing 30 dollars and 70 dollars x the 150 acres which is 15,000 and that is on top of the regular seeding intensity etc that we are loosing already. So for example someone has 2 quarters not able to seed they only get compensated for the one quarter whereas last year both quarters were compensated for.

Now if you apply these numbers to the big picture to get a rough estimate and suggest that the average farm is how many acres 2500, 3000 and divide that into the total acres not seeded you will find that there are a shitload of acres not paid for under either the 70 or 30 payments, yet when our ag department releases their statement they say they are paying out the 70 and 30 on all the acres. But the reality is that the actual amount is substantially lower, so where is that money that is earmarked for flood acres yet not get there gone to?

Comment

Riders;

You know I do NOT farm or live in SK.

Give it a rest ALREADY. Per Eligible Acre is printed clearly on the Web.

YOU Go bug your own MLA.

"„h A 5% deductible will be applied to affected wet acres." is in the original Backgrounder I see.

"Excess Moisture Assistance

One of those advantages is our agriculture industry ¡V the backbone of our economy. Our government, along with the federal government, recently announced $250 million in funding for Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers affected by excess moisture this year. This funding includes the Excess Moisture Program (EMP), which will once again provide producers with $30 per eligible acre for crop land that could not be seeded as of June 20, 2011, and crop land that was seeded and subsequently flooded out on or before July 31, 2011. Forages seeded in 2010 or 2011 that failed to establish due to excess moisture are also eligible under the EMP. For producers enrolled in Crop Insurance, this $30 per eligible acre is in addition to the $70 per eligible acre coverage for land too wet to seed under Crop Insurance¡¦s Unseeded Acreage Benefit. "
      http://www.gregottenbreit.ca/

BACKGROUNDER
      The Governments of Canada and Saskatchewan are providing more than $250 million in funding to
      Saskatchewan farmers and ranchers affected by excess moisture.
      2011 Excess Moisture Program
      „h The Excess Moisture Program (EMP) will provide all Saskatchewan producers with support of $30 per
      eligible acre for crop land that could not be seeded as of June 20, 2011, and crop land that was seeded
      but then flooded out on or before July 31, 2011.
      „h Forages seeded in 2010 or 2011 that failed to establish due to excess moisture are also eligible.
      „h For producers enrolled in Crop Insurance, this $30 per eligible acre is in addition to the $70 per
      eligible acre coverage for land too wet to seed under Crop Insurance¡¦s Unseeded Acreage Benefit.
      „h Crop Insurance customers will not have to apply for the EMP unless established crop was flooded out
      between June 20 and July 31, 2011. Producers not enrolled in Crop Insurance will need to fill out an
      EMP application form.
      „h There are an estimated 8 million acres of unseeded or seeded and subsequently flooded out land in
      Saskatchewan.
      „h A 5% deductible will be applied to affected wet acres.
      „h The deadline to apply for the 2011 EMP is September 30, 2011.
      „h For more information or to apply, producers can contact their local Crop Insurance office, call 1-888-
      935-0000 or visit www.saskcropinsurance.com. Applications are also available at RM offices.
      http://www.gov.sk.ca/adx/aspx/adxGetMedia.aspx?mediaId=1511&PN=Shared

Comment

Actually not gonna give it up Tom, and if you are just gonna post the crap they put out on the internet don't have to respond. I only asked you because you say how close you know Gerry and how tirelessly he works for farm families. Well here is the reality if he knows what has transpired he actually has screwed farmers who are in desperate need of funds out of money, at the same time some would say decieving the media into producing that all the changes are positive and more money when in reality there is less money and more restrictions.

Take the 8 million acres times 30 bucks or 250 million, not even gonna be close to that once you take out all the new regulations that count you out of the 30 bucks. For example last year if you seeded a covercrop to dry the land out any day after the last acceptable day to seed canola or wheat you were covered for 70 and 30 bucks now if you seeded up to the 20th of june not covered for 70 or 30 but if seeded on the 21st of june covered, What is the difference of one day from 20th june to 21st of june, nothing except a created bullshit loop to exclude people from funds. Now add on the 5% screwing and that 250 million is no where near.

This screw job hurts all farm families but particularly the young farmers experiencing a second year of not seeding. and I suppose the canada grains people and apas and all the other farm reps will be saying in a few weeks wonder how we can encourage you people to stay on the farm. Well here we have all the works in place the numbers, the computer, the paper and all you have to do is print the checks minus the 5 % and all the other bull, and it would go a long long way for many farmers.

As far as talking to our mla or mp, bin there done that we all have in our area, they say we are right when we sit in front of them but if lucky get a letter back saying they contacted Gerry and Gerry says everything is okey.

Comment

Do you have people in Sk who drive around and know exactly what day your seed went in the ground? They must be really on top of things if they know if you were one day beyond the deadline.

Comment

You know Silver things here in Sask. are alot different than manitoba, the answer is yes they do, a couple years ago a neighbor told me of a situation crap insurance wanted to charge a farmer with fraud because he listed his i forget barley or whatever as seeded 20 june but they say they saw the seeder on there 23 of june. Turned out it rained and he was merely cleaning the tank out before moving home. They took statements from the hired hand etc. real circus.

These guys here not all but some have the power of their little positions gone way too far to their heads. But as i said what really is the difference especially given such a wide disaster area 2 years in a row. Would think during these years a bit of leniency would apply.

You guys had frost damage there? or not your area.

Comment

We had a little frost in the low spots, took some watery canola seeds out.

I will agree that it would be nice to have the crop insurance/disaster assistance more in tune with each individual farm. The biggest problem, I believe, is that in the past, some farms felt it easier to do as little as possible and were farming to get a crop insurance payout or disaster assistance cheque. All it takes is a few nasty claims to make lifelong bureaucrats design the system to protect themselves from those insurance claims in the future. They will design a system that is black and white with little grey area for guys that really need the help.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...