• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Tom

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for Tom

Tom does your buddy Gerry actually know that the 5% deductible is being applied only in saskatchewan and not in manitoba? And do you feel it was right to change the game and not tell farmers about the changes, including the acres seeded to covercrop before june 20 not being eligible under either program 70 or 30.

The bloody ndp in manitoba are doing that for their farmers and why is this going on here?

I'm pretty sure the deductible applies here in Manitoba as well. And yes the feds aren't funding the green feed program.

Also, riders2010 (go Bombers), we have an election this fall so promises were flying this spring. A friend who works for crop insurance said they were told to issue the "too wet" cheques quickly, no audits, just get out the money.

Comment

I understand the election thing there, but we are in election mode here as well. On another thread someone made comment that the manitoba gov was absorbing the 5% deductible but maybe you are right. In any case when our Sask party was in opposition they ran the then government ndp to the ground over the 5% issue. Now that they are the government quite hypocratical to not get rid of it. The 5% sounds like a small amount but it is applied to your total gross acres so it is not small potatoes.

They better do something here because it's becoming a bigger hot potato than they may think. When people are devestated by flooding every dollar counts, not the time to be nickeling and diming out of paying.

As far as the riders go, once a rider fan always a rider fan, even if it is emberrassing, but the season is not over yet, just think 3 or four wins and someone may be in the playoffs(pretty pathetic), but I regard the bombers as a second choice to cheer for. We fired our coaches but not sure if that was the problem or not, can have any coach in the world but if the quarterback throws the ball in the dirt 5 yards too short, or worse throws the ball regularly at key moments to the guys with the other colored shirts is that the coach's fault? Durant should be a bit more humble because in my mind he cost us 2 grey cups with those bonehead plays at the wrong time. Anyway if the riders don't do it hopefully the bombers will!

Comment

MB is taking the 5% on the first $50-65 (depending on the coverage) and no deductible in the $30.

Comment

I love your passion for the team. The most fun I had once was in Carlyle after a karate tourney the Sat before the cup. Riders vs Bombers. One of our party started trash talking the Riders in the Subway where we had supper. Our friend was a big (and genuinely tough) guy. About 6 teenage girl Rider fans swarmed him. He was so embarrased he couldn't wait to get home.

You're right about the conditions out there. Most people here are harvesting very mediocre to poor crops and only seeded about 50% anyway. To apply the deductible to miniscule aid is a huge insult anytime but in these conditions . . .

Comment

braveheart///u got time sat afternoon to get bales off field

Comment

riders2010,

Being I am in Alberta... and not a part of flooding stopping our seeding (JUst recking crops afterwards) I have not studied the program.

All I know is who ever promised you that life would be fair... had better stop and think again! Especially when it comes to Gov. ad hoc payments!

Comment

thanks for responding Tom, but apparently other money issues other than the cwb affecting farm families doesn't interest you, believe me they are all as and more important.

I am asking you only because of your closeness to the ag minister, you know the weekly request for love letters to Gerry the guy working so hard, maybe if he was interested in fairness, he or you could give us a definitive answer as to why all the confusion? Maybe he isn't aware of the differences? And perhaps even use this issue to prove that you guys are in deed different than the old crap that used to happen and straighten it out!

But than again maybe it's just his clusterf--k to start with!!!

Comment

Hey Wakopa, if I did I wouldn't have a home to come back to. Or at least a key that worked.

Comment

riders2010;

You count blessings with such colour and a total lack of thanks...

Perhaps it's you're having a bad week!!!?

Prosperity comes with hard work and a sharing heart!

Perhaps next week...I Hope...

Comment

Thanks for what Tom? a screw over? I know you out righters are just cringing at the idea of the 30 payout, if you had it your way there wouldn't be any would there? But you also know that who ever would make that decision would be nutless in less than 10 seconds don't you! The population isn't as far right as our government would like. So that is why the big screw job isn't it. You guys buying off the media because not a word was said about how many acres are not eligible this year that would have been last year?

Since the changes to the new improved program disallow so many acres to be eligible this year, when the estimate for total acres unseeded is given and then multiplied by the 30and 70, that number is totally overstated. As I mentioned on a 3000 acre farm there is 15,000 on top of the other deductions that is not paid out, figure out how many farms there are with flooded out acres and that number becomes huge. So the question is where is all the money going to, that isn't actually going to this program but is approved to be so? Maybe that's how the buddies of the right are buying all the land up? could it be?

Comment

Riders2010;
                        "I know you out righters are just cringing at the idea of the 30 payout...", WOW. Liberal Entitlement thinking...

So...in the time of hard situations for billions of other folks....

I and Minister Ritz get blamed for providing Ad Hoc help?

I PERSONALLY was happy (on Aug. 5th check the record on Agriville)for the flooded out CDN prairie folks that got the $30./ac (less 5 percent or if you are happier $28.50 in SK).

Where did you get this from???

"Maybe that's how the buddies of the right are buying all the land up? could it be?"

WHAT!!!

I approved of the Grain Growers of Canada position and news release (See Background)...;

Your lack of compassion and sensitivity for those on this planet with much MUCH less than you have... is annoying.

Send a letter to your own MP. He should have Much closer input to Minister Ritz than I have.
                        Your choice was MP Ralphie? OH. Dear me.

Have a nice day.

Background:

For Immediate Release:
                        http://www.ggc-pgc.ca/

Grain Growers pleased with improved compensation for flooded farmland

(Friday, Aug 5, 2011) – The Grain Growers of Canada are pleased to see the cooperation and support of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and the Federal Government in working together to put in place an Agri-Recovery package worth nearly half a billion dollars.

“Last year, all farmers in Manitoba were negatively affected by an acreage deductible applied to the financial assistance,” said Hank Enns, Altona area farmer and Director of the Grain Growers of Canada. “We met with the Manitoba Government earlier this year and are pleased that they and the Feds listened and have significantly improved the coverage this year by removing the deductible.”

“$30 dollars an acre really helps to pay bills and get the land back in shape for next year,” said Enns.

Ministers Bob Bjornerud (SK), Jack Hayden (AB), Stan Struthers (MB) and Hon. Gerry Ritz announced a $448 million package for flooded farm and grazing lands yesterday.

“Although I was fortunate this year, last summer over half my land was flooded out and the money helped pay the land taxes and to chem fallow so it was ready for a crop this year,” said Richard Phillips Executive Director of the Grain Growers and owner of a farm at Tisdale, Saskatchewan. “Farmers will put the money to good use, I know I did.”

“Producers across the Prairies are happy to see Governments respond in times of disastrous conditions beyond our control and especially when it is in a timely manner like this,” said Phillips.

The Grain Growers of Canada represent 80,000 successful grain, oilseed and pulse farmers across Canada.
                        -30-

For more information:

Hank Enns, Director 204-324-7413

Richard Phillips, Executive Director 613-875-1795

Comment

If you rely on government handouts then the hutterites
                          will be farming your land sooner than you think.

Comment

the grain growers represent us? Did they just self appoint themselves, because no one here gives a rats ass about what they say except reporters that still think the changes from last year to this are good for farmers, because they (grain growers) didn't bother to check that the 5% is gonna actually eliminate many farmers from qualifying from any money at all, wow what an improvement!

As far as liberal entitlement thinking why don't you get your buddy gerry to cancel the 30 bucks tommorrow, and you'll find out how many think that way real quick, as i said i'd bet in 10 seconds or less there'd be nutless (in the physical sense only) people that made that decision.

Yes the true reform belief is just popping out more and more, keep posting don't you dare quit Tom. Must be a run on sedatives for all those reformers just dieing to take over the party hey! don't think I don't know about the growing infighting going on! Ah yes the bubble will burst maybe quicker than I expected.

Oh by the way is it ad hoc or as ritz says policy framework because the two are contradictory statements. Thanks for confirming what we all know this was just made up for votes there is no real agriculture framework plan at all. And I hear that the new policy framework is all about the processors etc and nothing about farmers is it true in fact agriinstabiliy is toast?

Comment

riders2010,

Sorry you had a ruff year...

Hope you can figure out how to make it through...

I hope you are less grumpy with your family than you are with me.

Perhaps your MP can help you out and cheer you up!

All the best!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...