• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well.... we done it....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.... we done it....

Darcy and I applied for a mortgage... first quarter of land together, and the first I've bought from a non-family member.

Sure hope it goes through... doing it at FCC.

$500,000 worth, $50,000 debt, $40,000/yr income, asking for $75,000 against a 105,000 quarter.

Best of luck Klause. You shouldn't have a problem with those numbers.

Comment

That is so exciting. Hope your venture will be rewarding for both of you. Skoal!

Comment

FCC is one of the best lending avenues out there. Not that they are easy to get money from but have a real capassion for the rural life. When BSE hit us hard they were the first ones to phone and give us a hand. The local Credit Union declared us a bad risk and upped our line of credit interest rate the same day they had a hotdog day raising money for the beef farmer, What a joke. FCC is good to work with if you let them know what you want up front.When we were flooded this spring they (FCC) phoned and let us know what was available even thou we were going to be OK

Comment

Excellent Klause!

Best of luck. We'll have to meet up some day. Our women and their horses.lol

I personally have had the best luck with my credit union for loans, and fcc nearly finished my farming career by refusing to lend me money for land, whereas the credit union did it in hours. i believe more in the person behind the desk, not the company. Regardless, Klause, best of luck.

Comment

You actually think you wont get it?

You need to understand lending practises better
            and the criteria and balance sheet ratios the
            institutions use.

When i was about 17 i went into the local credit
            union to get a secured loan on a deferred grain
            check.Being young and dumb i went through a 20
            minute berage of questions,when i met my mom
            and told her she hit the deck.-lesson learned

I could have told them i was buying drugs or
            parrots from brazil-just give me the ****ing
            money,clown-is what i should have said.

Comment

From my years with AG Canada Id say you will have no problem getting the loan. Its fun to start out building a farm. Dad gave me one clear quarter when I was 17 and said make it or loose it cause that's all your getting till I'm gone.
              Their have been joyous times and then their have been just about lost the whole damn thing. Land is always and will always have value. House in the city might have value today but a drug dealer moves in or school closes or hell a fire and guess what you have left the property, Land.
              Good investment. Id buy more but finally the rest in our area have figured it out and now no one is buying.

Comment

Shop for rates you should be able to lock in a 5year rate at 4 - 4.5% and 10 years are even worth looking at now.

Comment

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda, wenta RBC. Woulda walked out with $100,000 Cash in Hand, No Questions Asked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got a call this morning...

"Your numbers look very good".

"Your previous business record is excellent" (based on this farm in MB, and my IT business that started 5 years ago)"

"Your credit rating is good"

"You've been conditionally approved, pending assessment of the land".

Which, I'd hope, won't be a problem...

freewheat, looks like you may be getting a (relative) neighbour

Speaking of which, how did the square baling work out? We never did touch base on that again.

I'm off to combine peas.

Comment

Congrats, 105 K with the crops that you've shown
                      us pictures of; I'm sure you won't be sorry.
                      Land here costs way more, and I wouldn't want
                      to say we produce bigger crops.

Comment

Claas yer moving to Sascratch&win???????????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...