• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is parsley supplying this market?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is parsley supplying this market?

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/MSNHome/20080202/hop_shortage_080202/

Malt prices up, hops prices up 400 percent

Or is she just drinking beer and adding to the shortage? :-))

Comment

Buyers from Mid West US last week came, so served a homemade brunch. Einkorn pancakes with wild cranberry sauce/or wild strawberry sauce/or Canadian maple syrup; Einkorn Danish baked fresh; bacon eggs and warm Chiabota bread; homemade jams; brie with gooseberry sauce; Ethipian barley berry cereal with cocoanut sugar and milk; pottery full of huge black BC cherries; every kind of juice imaginable; freshly ground dark roast coffee;

and white wine.

ha.

Along with fresh flowers everywhere and me chirpy, well,.... not a beer kind of a day. Betcha you think I sleep till noon...... Pars

Comment

Tell you what, hopper: ....I bought German hops probably 20 years ago and they are climatized. Hardy. They grow prolifically. I bought one plant for $14.95CAN

Have lots of roots. I'll send you a swack of them as a gift if you want to take up growing hops.Grow them like g****s. Most of BC hops were ripped up for g****s growing.

It is big business and you can supply the specialty beer makers. Do your part to make sure beer quality is maintained. LOL Pars

Comment

It would appear that all this weird
          sounding stuff that the orgies are
          eating, makes them a bit hyper to say
          the least. Reading what was served made
          me tired, facinated, causin I don't
          think that much about the fuel, that we
          shovel down, each and everyday,
          including the occassional raw, yes, raw,
          bulk hot dog. Gotta go now and spray
          some quackgrass, otherwise it'll take
          over the whole farm. Guessin I should
          get a rod weeder, then become an organic
          Comedian farmer, meself!!!!!!!!!
          chuckle......

Comment

Good work Pars. You are a magician. Hope you
            had lots of help - but where were the lentils and
            chickpeas?

Comment

I could have made you a stack of blintze

Comment

Why aren't you more fun burburt? You should try to enjoy life b/c life is short...tell your friends and family you love them! You won't have them forever. One minute they're well and the next minute, not.

It might improve your outlook. Pars

Comment

Wish I was there Pars.

Comment

sumdum, Well come along and help me pick corn on the cob today! I picked in an armful last night b/c the coons are keen. A deadly old hunter was here the other day. He said to space out a few miniature marshmallows leading to the racoon trap, and then place really ripe fruit inside the trap. Coons cannot resist either of the goodies. Cats and skunks won't eat either.

We can gorge on hot fresh corn for lunch. Dripping with butter. Grunt. LOL

Comment

Sounds like a lot of work to grow them hops. Perhaps I am busy enough. Always good to check out options. Nice to see we have sense of humours.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...