• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotton, Pars -- Gold?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotton, Pars -- Gold?

I see gold way up this a.m. whats your take?

[URL="http://farms.com/FarmsPages/Markets/tabid/214/Default.aspx?page=chart&sym=GCV11&domain=farms&stu dies=Volume;&cancelstudy=&a=M"]monthly gold futures chart[/URL]

Comment

A wise investor should be putting 20 to 30% of their portfolio into gold right now, in the form of gold bullion, gold mining shares, or gold ETF's. Exposure to silver isn't bad either. It's a way of balancing your portfolio to give you protection against future inflation, which is going to get much worse before it gets better.

There is no bubble in gold right now. Most institutional investment houses are totally ignorant of gold's value. When you mention gold to these guys, you typically just get funny looks. It will be a bubble when Ma and Pa Average Citizen are snapping up gold with every last available cent, and when your investment advisor is adamant that you need 50 percent or more exposure to gold in your portfolio. We're a very long way from that scenario.

Comment

No a wise investor should have had 100% of his
        portfolio in tangibles YEARS ago.

The ones entering now are the DUMB investors.

Check the silver chart and compare it to golds.

What you are seeing is the implosion of the western
        worlds financial system.

Good for farmers and other resource based
        entities,but bad for most.

Ontario and hongcouver are about to get kicked in
        the teeth.

Comment

[URL="http://farms.com/FarmsPages/Markets/tabid/214/Default.aspx?page=chart&sym=SIU11&domain=farms&stu dies=Volume;&cancelstudy=&a=M"]monthly silver futures chart[/URL]

Comment

Why do you say will get knocked in the teeth? They servicing the mining industries, 100 dollar per hour pay checks.

Comment

I notice them 2 charts looking very similar. They both go back to 2004, i notice on a 20 year chart they both trade flat before 2004

Comment

What we are seeing today is the implosion of the western world's welfare state: state pensions, state medical care, state subsidies in general; it's all coming to an end, as the result of politicians making empty promises 40 years ago that they could not possibly keep. That is the principal reason why so much of Europe, with its generous welfare state, is in as much or more trouble than the U.S. Unfortunately, most of those brainiac politicians are no longer around to see the consequences of their foolishness.

The Soviet Union imploded because it was the world's biggest welfare state. It was built upon a heap of empty promises that the average Soviet worker eventually realized could not be kept.

I'm not sure what is meant by the term "tangibles". If that means silver and gold, I don't know if I'd sock every cent I had into those things. I'd want more investment diversity than that. Energy and commodity investments, including ag commodities, ag equipment makers and ag input makers, will also do well in an inflationary environment.

Comment

I agree Liberty.

When i say tangibles i mean oil,ag and all that stuff.

The major asset classes are stocks,bonds,real-
                  estate and tangibles.

Gold looks extremely over bought and everybody
                  knows it,which makes me worried that something
                  big is coming down the pipe.

When the global bond market comes unglued we
                  will have tens of trillions of dollars enter the
                  commodity market.

Only a small part of canadas gdp comes from
                  tangibles.

Most is goods and services and financials.We are a
                  consumption based economy.

Throw in the facts that the baby boomers are
                  starting to retire,a massive housing bubble,huge
                  provincial and federal debt and deficit
                  problems(don't let anyone tell you otherwise),our
                  largest trading partner is about to hit the wall,sky
                  rocketing inflation........canada is going to take a
                  beating,just not as bad as everyone else.

I'm not even sure how the oil market will function
                  in a few years,i don't think the infrastructure is in
                  place for us to export overseas.

Comment

Inflation> High Interest Rates > Operating Loans for Gold Companies Over-extended > Trouble > Mining Stocks Drop like Lead Stocks > Mutual Funds > Oopsy Oops.

Real Gold? Yes. Paper Gold? Nope. Not any longer attractive to me.

I do have some honest to goodness 24K goldust if I become hungry and begging.. or alternatively, decide to shine up my body as did Cleopatra, every day for several months.

1.Calves strong back looks good.
                    2. Reduce your operating loans or you will regret it miserably.
                    3. Reduce costs. Now.
                    4. Discuss with your family about reducing spending and teach them ways to do so. And ask them how to do so.
                    Pars

Comment

Never underestimate the value of good milling wheat. It will be worth a lot, imho. Cargill bought up swags of it, I read. Pars

Comment

If things got real ugly, what would you rather have.....an ounce of gold or a steer to butcher?
                        (out there I know, but.....!)

Comment

Not sure parsley look at 5 year housing morgage rates as flat as they have ever been, I think cibc was advertising 5 year at 4.5 percent. Pretty sure they got that secured. China seems still to be able to take up any commodity silver gold copper slack yet except for cwb wheat.

Comment

There are some serious problems brewing in the Canadian housing market that are jelling.

perf, for me, personally,I can go out and pop a jumper anytime if my stomach craves a burger. Have enough food on the farm for prob 3 years.

Fruit alone, is plenty...rasps, strawberries, black currant, cranberries, gooseberries, apples, crabapples, rhubarb, chokecherries, saskatoons, pincherries, etc.

Crops..lentils, beans, grains for breadmaking. Vegetables.

Need gas-negotiating material for my Rhino, tho. You know how I drive.lol

Even though Canada fares better than most, it's a good time to practice fiscal restraint, considering the eyes of the countries who have a problem feeding themselves, will watch us expectantly.

We cannot afford to feed the world. Pars

Comment

Since everyone is being a worry wart, I think this is a good time to buy another fishing boat!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...