• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Canadian wheat futures if no CWB?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Canadian wheat futures if no CWB?

One of the most important things needed in western Canada is a fully functioning wheat futures contract. Canola works very well because of the full transparancy of a futures contract that is within Canadian borders.

Peas don't have such a thing and they are much harder for farmers to price ahead on. Too much uncertainty if you have a complete crop failure.

US wheat contracts are nice, but much like cattle if there is some kind of political thing happens, you can have huge disconnect between futures and local basis. Also have to balance currency.

In a non CWB environment, there are a few marketing tools that would be handy. Hopefully they arrive soon.

Why yous think JeanDePaper', blepp, & other Marketeers on here want the Bored gone so bad when theys ain't even farm????? Theys thinkin that theys gon get Filthy Rich, Rich, Rich off the Futures Contract!!!!!!!!! That Simple........

Comment

They are De Pape etc. smart forward thinking people. You don't make money off the future contracts only off stupid people like BTO and the Millions the CWB lost a few years ago by being DUMB marketers

Comment

No all we'll need are gunny sacks filled with grain and head on down to Farmers Market. This is where We Actually Have to Market {Not just pickin a price} As we'll state our price and sell to END Users.

We'll have a convoy..
        Tom and Franny and Saskfarmer will be in the lead with their big wagons full of sacks amd a few of us smaller guys will be in the back. Ye ha a convoy!!!

LOL

Comment

Canadian futures for milling wheat, durum and
          feed barley will be launched by ICE Futures
          immediately following the vote in parliament that
          confirms the single desk is gone.

Comment

Oh wait maybe Mr Depape doesnt have a wagon or any sacks ?

Comment

Told ya's JeanDePaper' knows Each & Everything about The Futures Contracts Coming. Ain't gotta Pot to Piss in, But he's gonna be Thee First in line Buyin everyone he kin get his Fat Little Fingers on. Profarmer how am I Stupid???? I don't support The Bored in anyway on here or with my Grain Sales. All my #1 Winter Wheat & Test Plot 80 acres of Spring Wheat I grow each year goes as Feed. My Spring Wheat that I will be Growing in mass now that The Bored is gone is going to Yield like a Son of a Bitch. Plus if'n theres ever A Crop Failure, My Crop Insurance #'s are already high, ain't gotta start out with the County Average. And you said I was Dumb, Tah............

Comment

Remember FOLKS;

Don't feed the Trolls!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...