• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling Wheat in Western Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Wheat in Western Canada

Have i got this right, you guys cannot sell wheat to a cattle feedlot or a hog farmer direct? Or your nieghbour to feed his hens?

The old single desk system in australia allowed free and open domestic sales from about 1987/88 i think.

I just presumed you were the same.

And if you do sell outside the system and get caught what are the consequences?

Mallee,

In about 1974 the 'interprovincial trade' portion of the CWB Act was struck down (Regina vs. Summerville) on feed wheat/bly/durum. Since then growers can move wheat/bly between provinces. Feed wheat cannot be moved export to US or off-shore. This often stops arbitage of feed grain markets up to world feed values many times during surplus prod.years.

Comment

Alberta CWB Director Jim Chatenay GAVE a sack of bly to a 4-H club in Montana and did just over 20 days jail time for being involved in this horrible international offense.

Comment

thanks tom glad you liked my sheep!!

Comment

Mallee,

Better hang on to the SHEEP... I am sure the end of the CDN CWB monoply will colapse all feed grain prices August 2012!

Comment

really interesting looking from outside on this current debate wether your going to have a open market,tightly regulated open market ie liscensing system with accredited exporters,some sort of non compulsary sign up but binding with cwb if you wish and those who dont open market or no change at all thats still a scenario as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...