• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You pay for it...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You pay for it...

Is one of the slogans the Board is using in its latest propaganda campaign around its little survey.

Classic, classic, wheat board lunacy. Of course we pay for it, <b>WE HAVE NO CHOICE</b> but to pay for it. That's the frickin law, and that's the frickin problem.

Don't tell me I deserve a 'vote' because my grain gets confiscated by the government. That's just plain nuts.

The sooner this thing looses its special privileges and these geniuses have to go out and make an honest living the better.

I also don't <b>RUN</b> the thing. Through the "elected" directors, or otherwise. Another piece of twisted propaganda.

Comment

Fransisco: I thought that you were primarily a HAWG feeder. Why the big sweat over the CWB?

Comment

Once again Wilagro you're wrong.

Hogs are a big part of my farming operation, but not the primary part.

The wheat board easily costs my farm tens of thousands of dollars every year. That is a big deal.

The current wheat board structure means that the wheat and barley that I grow are not really mine. That is also a big deal.

The current wheat board structure has been holding back the economy of Western Canada in a big, big, way for decades. That's a big deal.

Farmers have been put in jail for selling their own wheat because of the wheat board. That is a big deal.

On top of all this, farmers like you don't give a rip about the cost or the injustice of it all.

Comment

Wilagro,

Have you ever heard of the 'misalocation of resourses'?

When grain is less cost than it would be without the distortion... livestock production ramps up... and guess what happens next?

Then Supply is out of balance... prices plumet... and those who built barns and lots with big capital investments... over built the industry. Big Hurt.

Taxpayers lost billions... on both grain... and then livestock.

Your shallow observation of Fransisco's livestock business is only overshadowed by your lack compassion and left leaning view of how prosperity is nurtured!

There needs to be two winners... both livstock and grain growers... build a bigger demand where natural advantages dictate... not pick the 'winner'(who in turn overproduces and looses) and who must cross subsidise the "winner'... thereby depreciating everyones communities!

NOT smart.

Larry Martin and the George Morris Centre did study after study... bringing these problems to the attention of our political masters.

Goodale refused to fix the problem... and in the end paid a huge political price for his lack of common sense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...