• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YFBDI

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YFBDI

Looking at taking a beginner marketing course this winter. Does anyone have any experience with some of these, or any others?

http://www.agtraining.ca/fbdi/categories/?category_id=132

I thought marketing was so easy a caveman could do it?

Comment

From Alberta. Have not heard of any of the courses except for the George Morris Center ones. Hav heard good compliments on the GM center courses. If in Alberta, look for a course called Futursim offered through Alberta Canola Producers Commission. A five day workshop that centers around a game using all the marketing tools including futures and options.

Only other advice is too consider a market advisor/coach that will take you through the learning process and apply all the tools to your situation. They can start with where you are today in your skill set development.

Farmers have a lot more experience in marketing than they sometimes give themselves credit for. If you are familiar and have used CWB producer payment options icluding fixed price contracts and early payment options (for IF benefit), then the step to using futures and options is really not all that great. You just have to get used to separating your pricing decisions completely from your delivery ones. Start small with any activities to your comfort level. Know the difference between hedging and speculation. Okay to do both. Just know which hat you have on.

Good luck with your learning.

Comment

We're offering 3 intro grain marketing
        courses this winter. They will be covered
        under the various provincial ag programs,
        but they aren't listed yet on this site.

To find out the topics and deliverables,
        go to www.farmlinksolutions.ca under
        Education and Training.

Hope to see you there.

Comment

I struggle with the terms and need education in this area of my business. I don't like it, have no interest in it, and therefore avoid it. Yup, i know i need to, i just hate it. Maybe i'm the only one.

signed, Missing in Marketing.

Comment

The Alberta Canola Producers Commission hosts and sponsors marketing courses in the winter that use FutureSim - a simulated trading system - as part of the course.

Courses have not been scheduled yet, but there will be several across Alberta.

Watch http://canola.ab.ca for details or subscribe to our electronic newsletters from the website to make sure you get notice.

Feel free to send any questions about the course to web@canola.ab.ca

Comment

There is a city in Nevada called Las Vegas...great place to learn marketing.

Comment

There is a city in Manitoba called Winnipeg...great place to learn marketing. Looking to see what works... as well as what does not... is key to making a farm profit.

Know your costs... risk reward ratios... and when a profit can be gained at a reasonable risk for a farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...