• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Message From Keith Degenhardt, Board Chairman, Western Grains Research Foundation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message From Keith Degenhardt, Board Chairman, Western Grains Research Foundation

Western Grains Research Foundation (WGRF) has in recent months been in the process of searching for a permanent Executive Director. Today I am very pleased to inform you that Garth Patterson has accepted the position of Executive Director with WGRF.

Many of you will know Garth, as he has had a 30 year career in agriculture, the last 16 as Executive Director for Saskatchewan Pulse Growers. Prior to that, he was employed by organizations including the Saskatchewan Soil Conservation Association, Cyanamid, Agdevco, the University of Saskatchewan and Federated Co-operatives. Garth brings with him diverse and in-depth agricultural knowledge as well as the extensive leadership and management experience that will be vital to WGRF successfully dealing with the opportunities and challenges ahead.

Garth is keen to begin work with WGRF and to getting involved in the issues WGRF is currently dealing with. These are busy and exciting times for WGRF and I know the many organizations such as yours that work with WGRF will look forward to working with Garth in furthering the research interests of crop producers.

On the personal side of things, Garth is originally from Melfort, Saskatchewan, although his interest in agriculture was initially triggered by his experience at a young age with the family farm in the Milestone area. His career in agriculture grew from there. Garth is married to Carol Ann and they have two boys ages 19 and 15. Garth happens to be an avid participant in cycling and running and has a number of major accomplishments under his belt in that regard.

Garth will be starting work with WGRF on August 15. Terry Scott, who has been serving as Interim Executive Director, will be working with Garth until September 15 to assist with the transition.

We are delighted to have hired someone of Garth’s experience and profile in the agricultural community. WGRF greatly values our relationship with your organization and we trust that the leadership Garth brings to WGRF will contribute to many successes in the years ahead in the area of crop research.

Please join me in welcoming Garth to his new position.

Keith Degenhardt

WGRF Board Chairman

Western Grains Research Foundation

214 - 111 Research Drive

Saskatoon Saskatchewan S7N 3R2

Ph: (306) 975 2081 Fax: (306) 975 0316

www.westerngrains.com

I know Garth personally. He will do well in his new job. I'm a little surprised that he jumped ship from the Pulse Growers. Maybe better pay and a new challenge.

Comment

Bluefargo,

Just as it is healthy that Directors be sunset... I believe that it is the same for Executive Directors.
      The time amount is a debate... all the same the principal remains the same. New ideas and vision are great!
      Folks can always come back... if members really like their style of management.

All the best Garth!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...