• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on Implement Act

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on Implement Act

I am buying a (used)combine tomorrow. The dealership is hammering me with life insurance and ingestion insurance. They sell life insurance or life and ingestion insurance but not ingestion insurance solo. Ultimately I dont care about that stuff, I want to be covered to this harvest in case I get a lemon. There was a thread waaay back about the Implement Act, and I am automatically covered for 3 (?) months from date of purchase. Basically I want to present that information in front of them instead of all this insurance BS. Any clarity on this issue would help.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/ofa2623?opendocument

Comment

Looks like it does not cover used equipment.....good luck!

Comment

You can get your own 'ingestion insurance' from your farm broker... if you think the dealership offer is too much cost!

Comment

Thank you for the internet weblink answer to my first question. Nice, quick and effective. Thank you for the second insight about personal insurance provider. I did call my farm insurance provider this morning. His rates were 40% less than what was being offered by the dealership. Salesman told me that the finance company (dealership) wants proof of insurance for the lifetime of the loan because it is a used combine. I can repsect that and I will use my regular insurance folks. I appreciate the help on short notice.

Comment

Hobbyfrmr,

If it is a Rotary... the most important part to check is the feeder house chain... inspect every link for cracks if it is not a new chain.

Make sure you have comparable deductables... and try to never use the insurance. If you don't swath and straight cut... a d****r header is the best protection for rock ingestion advoidance... with suspension adjustments set as light (so it will bounce over rocks etc.) as possible.

Also ask if you do have a problem... will they continue insuring your combine with the insurance... and if the cost will increase (and how much).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...