• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

including leaf rust, stem rust, and Fusarium head blight in Durum???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

including leaf rust, stem rust, and Fusarium head blight in Durum???

Any one spraying their durum or Wheat for rust,
    and Fusarium head blight?

There is some going on in our area. With the long
    range forcast looking hot and dry not sure if it is
    needed?

What are others thoughts on this?

Out earliest durum seeded is only about 20%
    headed so we have some time to think about what
    to do but I think if it stays dry we may not spray.

There is a crops discussion where this may be more appropriate.

Comment

Jag: I understand why you would post your question in this forum instead of crop production. I posted a question in machinery and never got a response. Also when you look at the other area there is little posted in some of them. You will get more "traffic" here than in some others.

Regarding your question. I only sprayed the durum for disease so far and not fusarium. What drives me crazy is the products don't even claim control, but suppression. I suppose that is better than nothing if there is high disease presssure. Also what drives me nuts is I can do it all "by the book", then last fall I watched the weather take a decent quality durum crop to poor quality chicken feed. With a shortage of good durum, it may be worth trying to grow the best possible quality. I beleive you are on the right track thinking about the forecast and whether it is dry or wet. Good luck making your decision!!

Comment

Hey jag just finished disease control on all wheat.
        Wheat on wheat bad. But no rain in 10 days hot
        weather here. Some doing prosaro on durum I'll
        see later if rains come. Very few doing disease
        control on canola. Early seeded ending
        flowering. Ignore and post where questions
        answered. It's marketing it's your crop.

Comment

Jag. Have done half the durum with folicur for rust. It has been advancing even under the hot dry conditions here. All varieties are being affected. Sprayed some 6 days ago at first heads, left a check strip. Night and day difference between the check and sprayed. Picked up more yesterday to finish the durum. Caught 30mm across the entire farm yesterday. Now I gotta get my ass in gear and get the rest done. Wheat will follow in a week. I am not fooling around with leaf diseases this year. The stripe rust strain we are seeing is very aggressive. Had it in my infinity wheat last year and it ran wild in it. Cost many more $$$ than the fungicide treatment would have cost. A lot of sprayers going in durum fields at Swift Current

Comment

We are going to spray our durum with
            prosaro.We put half rate tilt in with herbicide as
            well. With durum prices likely to be pretty good
            the threshold for disease is a lot less than
            normal.We also are motivated by the fact we
            have a lot less durum acres than normal this
            year.are 2009 durum was downgraded due to
            fusarium.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List