• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB Vote Very ILLEGAL...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB Vote Very ILLEGAL...

Dear Charlie... et al....

Time afer time... year after year...

PRO single desk CWB producers... said if you didn't like the CWB... STOP growing wheat and or barley.

NOW the CWB says... IF you didn't grow it(wheat and or barley)... you are NOT allowed to VOTE. THis is absurd. If you CAN grow wheat and or barley... ethically how is it fair... to prevent those who could grow these grains... from a vote?

I plan to give land to my adult children... why are they not allowed to vote... the CWB will certainly affect them!

THis is totally flawed... and undemocratic!!! What happens to one person... one vote?

'Producers' as defined in the CWB Act... are 'allowed' to vote!

What a total waste of my money... which crop year does this get taken off my cheque?

HOW is this legal?

WHERE does the CWB Act say the Board of Directors has the right to confiscate my money... to hold this vote? THis goes against Minister Ritz order to cease promoting the 'single desk' and to stop spending my money on it!

This is totally illegal!

Here is what the CWB Act states:

"R.S., 1985, c. C-24, s. 47;
    1995, c. 31, s. 4.

Minister’s obligation

47.1 The Minister shall not cause to be introduced in Parliament a bill that would exclude any kind, type, class or grade of wheat or barley, or wheat or barley produced in any area in Canada, from the provisions of Part IV, either in whole or in part, or generally, or for any period, or that would extend the application of Part III or Part IV or both Parts III and IV to any other grain, unless

(a) the Minister has consulted with the board about the exclusion or extension; and

(b) the producers of the grain have voted in favour of the exclusion or extension, the voting process having been determined by the Minister.

1998, c. 17, s. 25."

Where did Minister Ritz... determine the voting process?

How Can the CWB Directors... spend our money... on actions... NOT AUTHORISED by the CWB Act?

Comment

Where the h is the minister in this ? He really
      needs to pull rank. Kinda makes me wonder.

Comment

In a year that has every indication it will be one of the toughest financially for many farmers, the wheat board is squandering farmers money yet again. It is clear with this illegal vote the directors care more about the existence of the board than farmers income.

But everyting comes down to money. Perhaps Oberg and his clown troup care more about their director per diems than anything else.

Comment

Will leave this discussion for farmers/CWB stakeholders.

A strange question and likely off topic but what does the CWB board of directors sees as their duty in reacting to the outcome of the rather large survey?

As an example barley. The most recent CWB producer survey indicates that 49 % of farmers and 57 % of barley growers favor an open market in the two option question. If the results of the bigger survey reflected the producer survey, would the board of directors be required to put forward a recomendation to remove single desk from barley marketing?

Irrelevant question given the federal government is going to rescind the current CWB Act and start over with a new one. The discussion and process should be about what needs to go into the new _______ Act. It could have elements of the CWB Harvesting Opportunity proposal from 2006. It could have start up funds. It could have elements of regulation around access to transportation and primary/terminal elevator storage. Could have continuation of government guarantees until WTO is officially brought into play. Whatever.

Back to discussion about the big survey. Sorry about that.

Comment

Charlie,

I thought when the WTO was brought in... that the CWB was supposed to lose the 'single desk' in any event!

Why is Oberg preparing to end the government backing... with self financing... but not dealing with the end of the 'single buying desk'?

Comment

Again off base but plebiscites in Alberta have requirements about participation.

Example. At least ___ % of stakeholders need to participate. A clear win is both over 50 percent of individuals who votes and the requirement that these individuals represent at least 50 % of the acres of that particular crop.

Is there any definition/clarity in the current process from the CWB side what a win looks like?

Off the topic of whether legal.

Comment

Single desk wasn't dealt with but you are right, government guarantees will be no more with any potential WTO deal. A complaint from the CWB over time is the current CWB prevents them from developing a reserve/contingency fund to deal with this eventuality. A good presentation by CWB staff at this past winter's director district meetings (the meeting I attended anyway). No progress on this. The CWB themselves recognized some of the shortcomings in the current act and have requested (or at least recognize given I don't think they talk to the federal except about initial payments/adjustments) changes to the CWB Act.

Back to your topic.

Comment

Wow, even when you win, you guys can't shut-up. I don't like Allen Oberg he sucked as an Agricore Director and sucks even more as a CWB Chair. The CWB and he will soon fade into history...you won...get over it!!! Maybe it's time that you blowhards take a breath, a stress tab and another pull of that "white lightning" you are consuming and find something else to bitch about...no wait...with out the CWB you are meaningless the only purpose in your life is going. So the CWB has another meaningless vote, it means nothing, it's just death throes...a last gasp at life. YOU WON!!!

Comment

So all this time you pro board guys were only concerned with looking/feeling like you were "winning"?

It didn't matter that the board never has been able to show a premium price for your farm?

It didn't matter that your free choice was not yours at all?

It didn't matter that someone else was deciding when you could deliver your wheat?

Winning means more than letting your neighbors do what they see fit?

Wow. Head shaking wow.

Had a tough childhood or what?

Comment

The less said about this crazy vote the better. Discussing it as if it were legitimate just gives it credibility among the undecided. It is a desperate, frantic attempt to make a pointless point. It will not affect the outcome in any way. The only reason that reform may not go ahead is if the Harper government again gets cold feet. That's what you freedom fighters should be focussing on.

Comment

Does the CWB not realize the law is going to be changed? This vote will not change the fact that the law will be different. Another waste of our money by the CWB.

Comment

PrairieSodBuster,

I hear all the time... that the 'single desk' supporters are much more vocal... that those who support choice are not saying anything...

Media is short of good news stories... I guess it is summer and Parliament is not sitting?

So if I shut up... and ignore the vote... will Oberg stop spending my money... and start building a CWB that will market our grain after August 1 2012?

I do not think so.

So what is to be done?

Sue the 8 directors that break the CWB Act... and the CWB legal COuncil... and who ever else told them this was a good Idea? SO I can spend my money fighting myself?

This is insanity...Chairman Oberg knows it. AND HE is laughing at me... because he believes no one can stop him from wasting my money!

Cattle producers like him shouldn't be allowed to be CWB Directors... nor Orgainc growers... that voted themselves OUT of the 'single desk'...

Comment

Well Ritz had his chance to conduct a vote, but he is an ignorant buffoon, so the CWB had to do his job for him.

Comment

Yup, the wheat board seems to be very good at doing everything except selling grain for a premium.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...