• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Ten Reasonsto Keep the CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Ten Reasonsto Keep the CWB

10. Pooling. It’s an equitable distribution of wealth – some win, some lose. Get over it.

9. Equity. Everyone gets the same price. It’s lower than you’d get otherwise – but at least everyone gets the same. Would hate to see someone get ahead.

8. Monopoly / single desk. Everyone welcome; you don’t even need to sign up. “You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.”

7. Fewer processors ruining the prairie view. If I wanted all the noise, dust and traffic, I’d move to the city. This way, my kid has to move to the city to find work. Great – gets him out of my hair.

6. Variety registration. The CWB makes sure farmers can’t grow those pesky US varieties of wheat. I’m sure they’ve got a much better plan when it comes to managing fusarium.

5. Premiums. Let’s see – premiums of $6.65/tonne and marketing costs of $10.40/tonne. I guess they make it up in volume.

4. Cash flow. If you ask for more, you’re just being selfish.

3. Protection from nasty multi-nationals. Don’t you just hate it that you’re forced to deal with them on canola - just to pay your wheat and durum bills?

2. Discretionary Trading. Where else could you lose close to $350 million speculating and still keep your job? (2007-08)

And the number one reason for keeping the CWB:

1. That Damn Plebiscite. My neighbours decided for me.

Regular Letterman. Just not as funny.

Comment

Jdepape,

Number one reason to keep the 'single desk': We have done it this since Goodale did his Govenor in Council Order in 1996... for 15 years... needed because the Crow benefit was removed on grain exports: why change now?

Comment

Dear John,

Sorry, I forgot... Really the number One reason would be that it would spoil our social/political arguments... that keep us dreaming of a better tomorrow... a more just society that promises freedom!

Cheers!

From 'I dream of Freedom!'

Comment

Hilarious. I'd like to see Wayne Easter read it though.

Comment

Jdepape: There is a term for your type of posting and analysis: The action or actions of an "Agent Provocateur" designed to weaken loyalties and influence outcomes. In other words...a feces disturber.

Comment

I find this quite funny. What is
              astonishing is the fact that the few board
              supporters that are out there actually
              believe that what we receive for wheat is
              a premium price with all the evidence to
              the contrary.

Comment

"disturber" ?

If that's the case then I say let the disturbing continue!

Comment

" We can all hold hands in the canoe" down ship
                  creek

Comment

John,

What about Jobs in Winnipeg?

Isn't that a top ten reason?

Comment

John,

What about the ships!

How about... 'How else will I get to own 2 lakers complete with anchors'!

Comment

John,

Because wheat and barley growers in western Canada are too stupid and foolish;

By the way... why is there no vote on Durum? Chairman Oberg where is the vote on Durum, Organic wheat and barley, seed production, Manufactured feed production... all the exemptions you now allowed for the 'single buying desk'... with NO grower plebicite!

RESIGN now Chairman Oberg. This plebicite is totally unfair and so are the ships you expect me to buy.

Why aren't the CWB ships on the Plebicite?

How about WHY didn't you tell us about them (the ships)... during the last Directors Electon Chairman Oberg?

Comment

#1 reason- to keep depape from stealing farmers money

Comment

Reason #1-10;

To subsidise Stubblejumper's farm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...