• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will we blame?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will we blame?

If the CWB disappears, and wheat prices do not go up...

If the rail lines decide to end producer cars spottings...

If increased Canadian grain flowing south results in a backlash by US northern state farmers and the introduction of a non tarriff barrier against farmers delivering grain south...

If grain companies decide it is more profitable for them to concentrate shippments of wheat out of specific regions and they do not provide wheat shipping out of isolated or far from port areas until late in the year or play regions against one another in an effort to reduce what they pay for wheat?

who will we blame?
    Harper and Ritz? WCBG? WCGG? the vocal posters like Tom?

Fear. I will blame fear of people like
    you, actually.

Comment

Fear, LOL!

It's the truth buddy.

Comment

dml,

When Eatons went down, Woodwards, Nortel, Iconic Canadian companies...

How about Alberta Wheat Pool? Agricore United? UGG? Who is at fault?

I admit it. I am to blame.

Do you have a public flogging reserved for me?

Or for showing the Emperor he has no cloths on... should I be crucified?

Blame me. I am handy. You like to blame me!

Cheers!

Comment

dml. The CWB didn't stop CN from deleting the producer car loading spot in Kindersley and a long list of other locations last year. Soooo whats make the CWB so special on that front?

Comment

Coleville, when was last time producers used Kindersley for loading a producer car? The sites that were closed were not being used.

Comment

Since the cwb has nothing to do with producer
              cars who will get blamed . The farmers who talk
              a good line but don't use them like coleville.

Comment

Before my friend Tom goes down with a Messianic complex, let me say, "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself".

If the CWB ended tommorrow the world wouldn't end and wheat and barley would still find it's way from farms to customers. Make no mistake, things will change Aug 1,2012. Whining and tired rhetoric won't change that fact.

Choices are, help your farm leaders design a system where the wheat board can be a competitve alternative. Quit growing wheat and barley (advice the left has thrown at us anti board people for years. Quit farming if you don't like the the new reality. Or go to Hell. But please go by yourself because I'm going to be here with my family enjoying farming.

Comment

The rail by which we are serviced by, GWR, is primarily 95% producer car traffic. After cars are loaded at numerous different sites they are hauled to CPRs piling yard where they are sorted and ready for pickup. Nothing but a gravy train for CPR with very little work on their part. Roughly 75% of these cars are destined for Mission Terminal whose core business is producer cars. So please explain to me why the rail companies would choose to discontinue these services. Never fails to amaze me the fear mongering by the freedom haters and their complete lack of vision for a prosperous future without their beloved single desk. Or perhaps this is dml's chicken little imitation. As Shrek would say, " CHANGE IS GOOD DONKEY".

Comment

So, the commercial driving of the areas that can grow certain crops efficiently is a bad thing?
                    Is the cwb the only possible entity in the universe that can aid producer cars?

Comment

So if we have pasta plants develop over the next five years...who's to blame for the last 20 years of lost opportunity.

If we see a trend to wheat acres increasing over the next 5 years...who do we blame for the demise of wheat from being KING over the past few decades.

If we see better cash flow because farmers can sell their wheat when they need to for cash flow and then hold lentils, canola, etc. for better pricing...who do we blame for the headaches we've had in the past.

If we see greater expansion in malt plants, flour mills, small local processors of wheat....who do we blame.

It seems that CWB supporters look at the glass being half empty while those wanting choice are looking at their glass as half full.

Comment

Will we get a full audit of the past 20 years? That's what I want.

Then, if there is evidence of wrongdoing, and we can assign blame, send in the lawyers.

Comment

Blame Oberg.

He is the guy saying the cwb can't survive. He is laying landmines everyday to explode the cwb from within.

Employees are already looking for new jobs or are leaving.

He has no vision and has essentially told the employees with his press releases they are out of a job.

That's real leadership isn't it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...