• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glee

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glee

Do I note a sense of GLEEEEEEEE amoungest
    the CWB bashers on this site recently, or
    is this simply the old/moldy desenters
    spreading disinformation and more lies
    than usual?

Burbert;

"is this simply the old/moldy desenters
    spreading disinformation and more lies..."

It is too bad... you can't see... that being a part of the solution... would be positive change... BURBERT!

THis has become a religious argument... instead of rational logic and facts.

The average commercial grain farmer... in western Canada knows we need change...

What are you trying to say Burbert... that we are all on drugs and you are much smarter and sober than people who are missing big chunks of the grain revenue/income... that the CWB takes to pad the pooling sales system that you like?

Just in case you missed it:

"Under Wheat Board control, Canada’s share of global wheat and barley sales has dropped sharply. In 1961 its wheat
    production was a historic high of 8% of the world total. Now it under 4%. The Canadian share of world exports
    dropped from over 25% to less than 14% over the same period.
    The Wheat Board is a price-taker in many markets because the amount of grain it controls is not sufficient to allow it to dictate prices."

SO the CD Howe Institute... has become a part of the scam now as well.

World calling Burbert... Wake up!!! A new day has begun... lets make the best of it!!!

Cheers!

Comment

I for one am feeling quite happy that very soon the wheat that I grow will actually be <b>MY WHEAT</b> in every sense.

Comment

Glee, Glee, Glee, Glee, happy, Glee

Comment

Just what I thought! The SAME OLD
          MARKETEERS/BROKERS/COWBOYS, wit the same
          tired agenda. Cheap barley in Western
          Canada will make all of us rich, rich,
          rich!!!! Current Gov't of Canada,
          contains NUTS, sooos you may git what you
          wish fer this time.............

Comment

Burbet,

I truly hope the grass is green... the Canola fields are blooming... the coyotes are yipping... and you are enjoying your afternoon in an air conditioned facility!

May I be so bold to ask...

Did you yourself actually plant wheat this spring Burbert? did you dig up the seeds to see they were placed... just into moisture 1 inch down?

Did you have any Canola frozen off?

Did the dry weather strand your crop... and kill a good part of what you planted?

Glee? NO. Honest Hard work... deserves the honour to decide when and to whom we sell the fruits of our labours... of Love hope and Faith... we will harvest a crop this fall!

Cheers!

Hope all goes well!

Comment

Glee wouldn't come close to describing how I will feel when this "Nightmare At 423 Main" is over.

Comment

My brother who farmed for nearly fifty years says that you anti-CWBers are in for a big surprise without the CWB's strong position in marketing grain. The small and medium size operations especially so. So don't be too gleeful for this Trojan horse that is being prepared for you.

Comment

Being involved in a property rights group, mostly involved in oil and gas,....and the rights of landowners to negotiate freely and fairly....gives me this perspective:
                  No one has the right to confiscate your property, without fair compensation and without due process of law! That is a fundamental right under British common law...established in 1215 when the landowners forced King John to sign the Magna Carta.
                  Property Rights go much further than a piece of land? Grain is property! Cattle are property!
                  The CWB expropriates property....that is a given? Does it give fair compensation? Who knows?.....without the right to challenge that "fair compensation" in a court....there is no such thing as "fair compensation"!
                  There is NO justification for the expropiation of grain by the CWB.....whether orderly marketing, or better returns or national interest or any other reason! This is a fundamental right of our parlimentary democratic system!
                  Scrapping the mandatory expropriation of the western Canadian farmers grain is just restoring his right to his property....which never should have been taken away in the first place? After so many decades of mandatory expropriation...finally Canada is getting back to common law?
                  The Harper government should be commended for rectifying this injustice to western Canadian farmers. This is the right thing to do.

Comment

Wilagro
                    How would your brother know what we are in for
                    without the CWB. Last I checked the CWB has been in
                    operation for over 50 years. I remember farming 50
                    years ago and it resembles little of what farming is
                    today. If we had chosen to continue growing all wheat
                    and barley like we did then we wouldn't be worried
                    about the CWB today. We would have lost the farm a
                    long time ago.

Comment

Wilgagro. Please look South. What prices are yous seeing??? Do I even need to tell yous YET again. Same thing gon happen here. If it ain't, SIMPLE, ship it South to the guys who actually wanna pay for my Grain. Doesn't bother me one bit. I try to do as much business as possible outside of Comedia, anything to everything. Hang these Sob's here out to dry once & fer all........

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...