• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nothing to with marketing but...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing to with marketing but...

Will ask anyway.
    See the royals will and kate are visiting canada, what are most people there monarchists or republicans or dont give a rats either way?

Most here i think are the latter will cost a fortune to break away from the commonwealth laws to be rewritten,same with acts of parliment even currency has to change, so its probably all to hard.

Presume the french canadians despise the brits. Or do they despise everyone who is not french?

happy holidays to you all and a lovely rain across almost all cropping areas in australia in last week and a few days more of it.

did it rain in the west too?
    no wonder wheat is crashing

Comment

as to french canadians, on my trip to montreal 20 yrs ago, they seemed to like us scots rather a lot.
      as to the royals, its just a living soap.
      makes no odds to us.

Comment

Mallee,

Sun News ran a bunch of Polls:

About 2/3 of those in Quebec don't like the Royals.

About half of those with an opinion in the rest of Canada like them... other half don't with about a quarter who don't care either way.

Actually Sun News did a good job on Dominion Day in going through the Magna Carta... the right for representation when taxes are taken... and Common Law with property rights. All part of our British roots... and a big influence on the development of 'Free Enterprise' and the market based economy.

The Commonwealth Countries have many strong 'Trees' that have roots growing out of this rich wealth of history!

Comment

Mallee
          Canada has not had the type of discussion re: the monarchy that you have had in Australia. I believe you voted to turf the bums out. I have a feeling a similar vote held held here might have the same result. Right now there is no one leading the charge.
          Will and Kate's visit here has received tremendous publicity and media coverage. They have probably improved the image of the momarchy somewhat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...