• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warburton contracts and other end use buyers...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warburton contracts and other end use buyers...

I am starting to think/plan for the new reality without the single desk.

Wondering if anyone has experience with Warburton contracts and what do you think of the costs over the premium benefits?

Thanks,

Monte

IMHO, The time I did it, with the extra cost of certified seed over bin-run, I didn't think the so called premium was big enough to justify the costs and seperate storage, etc. These companies want the best and don't want to pay us for the extra cost and effort required. Then there is the agronomics of the eligible varieties. Check it all out if the numbers add up--do it.

Comment

Farmaholic, I share your sentiments. We didn't feel the premium was enough to offset the cost of certified seed. Also, for farms that rely on cashflow on demand for lack of a better term, we sometimes couldn't wait for our turn to deliver.

I really didn't like the way the premium plummeted once they got enough farmers hooked.

I have neighbors though who like it and that's fine. It's a free country, except for selling wheat in western Canada.

Comment

My experience was could not get one, was not one of the chosen. Otherwise when bread wheat was only 4 bucks a bushel it did make sense to grow it.

Comment

Don't forget that under the CWB, not all the
          premiums went to the farmer. Don't know the
          total numbers but you gotta assume that without
          the CWB, the Warburton deal should be better
          for farmers.

Comment

Wanna bet the grain handling Companies were making alot more per tonne acting as a delivery point, segregating and storing this stuff than the lowly Producer was getting for growing it!!! Business as usual......

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...