• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB business model?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to a grain buyer from the USA. He is looking forward to working directly with Canadian farmers for value added end use markets without the bureaucracy of the CWB.

Business Model - you need to have built up relationships and trust with your customers...I am not sure the CWB has done that.

Comment

Why do you guys care if the cwb survives or not?You hate it, dont want to use it but all you do is bitch.The govt is going to open it up so you got your wish.If it loses its single desk authority I dont care if its there or not.Its just another grain co.I can pool my own grain if thats all that is left.

Comment

"Talking to one elevator the feeling was that farmers will have to sign a contract with the CWB and/or the grain company before the grain is assessed for quality. Much like the malt is now."

"This would releive grain companies from having to grade grain that they will not end up handling and know whether they are grading for CWB or themselves"

How in Gods name does this look anything like competition. Sign a contract before they will even grade it? If they want it they will give me a grade before I need to sign a contract. Like you said, it looks like the "BROKEN" malt barley system. I don't think so!!!! Who ever dreamt this up needs to give his head a shake. Sounds too one-sided to me.

Comment

Exactly katoe. pool your own grain.

Comment

I like the Ontario OWPMB model... Ocean Spray Cranberries... Sunkist... the list of Marketers that growers support... without a 'single buying desk'... IS ENDLESS.

First order of business... is for AB SK and MB with the feds... to find a leader who has the skills and motivation to put this together.

Chairman Oberg and their group of 8 'blown flat tires' are about as helpful as a wingnut that has been crossthreaded...with both wings broken off!

Comment

Thats pretty harsh... and coming from a guy who doesn't understand arithmetic. Why would anyone have confidence in his CWB analysis and suggestions?

Comment

Begood,

Too Harsh?

Name one positive thing Oberg and his think alike directors have done... since he bacame chairman!

Forcing my family to buy ships we will never use?

Calling a 'plebicite' that is useless?

The $40/t 'adjustment factor' to pad the pools?

Telling us the only asset of value the CWB has... is the 'single desk' buying monopoly... that allows him/CWB managers to confiscate our grain at less than international prices?

About to sabotage a half a billion $$$ marketing organisation... because they are too short sighted and arrogant to step aside for the good of our communities and nation?

Please tell me why calling them crossthreaded broken wingnuts... is too harsh???

Comment

Tom: The grain will still get traded with or without the CWB monopoly: It will simply be a redistribution of dollars. Instead of the wasteful CWB selling our grain it will be the "streamlined" grain companies and MAYBE more will flow back to the producers pockets if they see fit. This will be interesting......... . Things are never so bad that they couldn't be worse, or so good that they couldn't be better.

Comment

I don't want anyone to believe I think there won't be any premium niche sales made, there will and would be better served by less red tape. But the large scale export business, which will cover the majority of grain, will likely be done by the giants. Again, maybe some of the savings from the inefficiencies in today's system can be passed back, I hope.

Comment

Farmaholic,

I can work in ANY system there is... if folks are honest and do not deceive our farm.

The CWB tries to both... cheat and tell me I am too stupid... to market grain... what a joke.

Get over it OBERG/CWB... it is NOT 1930. I have a smart phone and do not need you to baby sit our farm!

Comment

I couldn't give a flying F*ck about the Elevators, Millers, Whoever, Whatever. My wheat ALL gon be headin South year 2013, when I sell 2012's Million Dollar Wheat Crop. These Sob's here have F*cked us 4 far too long, yous kin play with them. Watch & learn, gon have The Money & The Hummer, shine every Summer.........

Comment

If you head to North Dakota anytime soon you'll get the tires on your truck slashed and the windows smashed out. It's not friendly down there right now.

Comment

Braveheart.

Do you have any proof to back that up?

In other words, have you checked with the Minot police to see if there has been even one vandalism reported?

The folks and businesses of Minot will tell you that they hate to say it but every drop of water that passes through their city is sent onto Manitoba.

What it tells me is that you do not build in a floodplain. If you do so you should know who is to blame.

Comment

Someone who works for the Minot police has said there hasn't been one reported case yet. A bodyshop in Brandon has apparently done repairs sustained at the mall parking lot in Minot.

Some local people here claim to have been turned away from a business in Bottineau.

I don't know what to make of this without firsthand proof. I have many good friends around Rolla. An ex girlfriend (from 36 years ago) and her ND State Police brother that I'd rather not see. But other than that friendly people.

There is a lot of internet chatter bout this. But your're right. Build on a floodplain and someday you'll get wet.

Did I not remember the US putting money into the Rafferty dam to help keep the Souris from doing this?

Comment

What North Dakota paid was for ten feet of storage protection at the Alameda dam. It could easily be argued that Alameda's contribution to the flooding was minimal as Rafferty was opened to its maximum spillway design capacity of 500 cubic meters/sec, and if it had been designed for a greater release it would have been opened to that capacity. You do not fool around, and cannot be concerned about downstream impacts when dams could breach. Those dams and operators did their jobs for handling the snow melt. Subsequent rainfall basin drainage totals, well!, not even Tom's god could have predicted those.

Rafferty was for storage capacity that could be diverted to Boundary for cooling for our power plants, and it will never be drained to protect anything on either side of the border in a floodplain no matter who complains.

I know ND senators want our dams dry. That is not going to happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...