• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were Oberg and the cwb, I would....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I were Oberg and the cwb, I would....

Just wondering what they might try to slow down the end of the single desk...

1. Sue the Federal Government...tie it up in court for a few years?

Any other ideas...

If they try anything the gov't should
    (like they should have 5 years ago) make
    the CWB mandatory across canada until the
    appeal is settled.
    End of discussion

Comment

Good point, why isn't Oberg trying to enact the cwb across Canada?

He believes he is above the government.

Comment

monte,

Chairman Oberg... and his 7 buddies... should start issuing export licenses to growers who need to export CWB grains... FOR MORE THAN the CWB is willing to pay now.

REALLY SIMPLE. IF growers do not undercut the market... they get a license. It should have been this way for the last 15 years... and the CWB would not be facing the end of the 'single desk' today.

THEN THE CWB COULD HONESTLY SAY... THAT THEY HELP GROWERS ACHEIVE PREMIUM PRICES.

AS IT IS NOW... THE CWB SUCKS AND BLOWS AT THE SAME TIME. AND WE ALL LOOK LIKE IDIOTS.

Comment

I agree with TOM4CWB about export licences for producers. The government should order export licences for producers immediately. This means the loss of captive supplies for the CWB system which includes grain companies who presently benefit from the captive supplies.

Instead of trying to stop or undermine the government's commitment to a voluntary system August 1, 2012, the CWB and any companies with "Stockholm Syndrome" would have to help the government establish a workable voluntary system.

In this case, there is no basis for a court challenge, but even if there is, the Government's order for licences would remain in place while it was before the courts. Remember the continental free marketing of barley that occured for several months before the courts correctly ruled that the Government had acted beyond the CWB Statute.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...