• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cwb Directors

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cwb Directors

With the fate of the cwb hanging in the balance until August 2012, why are the cwb directors not holding meetings to express their concerns to farmers?

I would like to hear their plan for a new cwb as a competitor in the open market. Or their plan to spend our money to fight it in court.

I would like to give them my opinion about the whole situation but I guess I don't live in a democracy views can be expressed.

Neither Stewie or Cammie care to talk. Oberg must have muzzled them as he is the front man on supposedly saving the cwb. Puke.

Bucket,

You are right. Goodales revenge is in full mode... this is a chess game in real life. Being a pawn is nothing new... Goodale is still the King... till someone knocks him off the table!

Comment

Why should they , Ritz and companies have a plan and what ever the directors come up with will be used to undermine the CWB.

Comment

All I have heard is the cwb wants another vote.

Oberg goes on to say how the cwb can't compete with no assets. If I was an employee there I would be pissed. (But I am not and they are still useless)

Look, they have been told to be ready to operate in an open market. They have been supposedly making and losing (remember the 250 million discretionary trading loss) on the MGEX for years, they should be able to carry on just like the glencores, toepfler and other internationals that have no infrastructure in Canada but can move grain.

From my view, its disappointing to see the chairman give up. He should be up to meeting the challenge, that may go a long way to building support.

Basically, who wants to deal with a guy with a defeatist losing attitude?

Comment

My understanding is that the directors...all of them have a fiduciary responsibility and trust that must not be violated.When these people were appointed (5) and elected (10) they were given a very specific mandate. To be told now to come up with a plan to change the mandate and operation of the CWB is a misleading request .A vote by the farmers of western Canada is the democratic way of doing things. The May 2,2011 election was not a mandate to tinker with the Wheat Board .By the way 40% of the vote does not constitute a mandate. At an annual Ritz has spent only a few minutes at the board in Winnipeg in May of this year . Does he really know how the board operates, does he really care? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Comment

Oops . Mybad. Replace At an annual... "At an annual Ritz has spent only a few minutes at the board in Winnipeg in May of this year ." with
            Minister Ritz....

My apologies.

Comment

It is totally amassing how Goodale and crew can make changes by "Order in Council" but everyone else must do it by a producer vote. Totally nuts....

Comment

"By the way 40% of the vote does not constitute a mandate".
                Actually it does in our country.I know you don't want to hear that but the government will do what it pleases with the CWB.I understand how you feel when others dictate how things will be for your farm.But if pro-monopoly supporters are right and we can't have marketing freedom with a strong cwb then I guess they will have to endure what I did and be told they can't market there grain how they want.
                CWB supporters take offence to the government interfering with their cwb-why is that worse than the cwb interfering with my farm?

Comment

Mr. Jeff Nielsen

What have you been telling your area farmers. I know you are for choice so how do you square the circle with what Oberg has been saying.

Please tell us there is more to the plan than Oberg saying the cwb needs a vote on this.

You guys were elected by your peers to run a multi billion organaization. There has to be more intelligence than oberg's dribble. Can't you ask him to stop embararssing himself and resign.

There has to be a better plan.

Comment

How much do directors get paid to defy their
                    boss?

Comment

<i>"By the way 40% of the vote does not constitute a mandate"</i>

Prairiefire, In western rural ridings (the place subjected to the single desk), the Conservatives received 50% of the vote. In my rural riding it was more like 2/3.

Regardless of that fact, <b>there was no farmer vote to extinguish our property rights to wheat and barley, so why do we need a vote to give them back to us?</b>

Comment

This idea of others voting on how you manage your affairs is beyond me.

Look at it this way. Let's say the feds decide that a quasi-government agency should manage all RSP's in Canada. They put it to a vote of all Canadians and 55% say they like the idea. Based on the results of this vote, the feds set it up that all RSP's are now managed by the CIB (Canadian Investment Board).

Other firms remain to manage non-CIB investments - and do quite a good job. Many individuals manage their own non-CIB investments and also do a good job.

45% of all Canadians do not want to have their RSPs managed by the CIB but are forced to. Even though evidence emerges that shows the CIB really doesn't do a good job and it comes at a higher cost.

Obviously this doesn't make sense and voting for it is insulting.

So why do it with the CWB? Why should anyone else have a say in how you manage your affairs?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...