• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild Oats in Canary Seed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild Oats in Canary Seed

I know this is the wrong place for this question but this is the place where it will get the most replies. I want to spray broad leaf weeds and wild oats out of Canary Seed. My plan is to tank mix Buctril M at .4 liters per acre and add a half rate of Puma Advance. I am going to put on 5 gallons of water per acre. Anyone ever tried this? Will it hurt the Canary Seed? Thanks for your responses.

Avenge and Avadex are the only registered products that can be used... Mataven is no longer avaliable.

Comment

You will get better agronomic advice on Combine forum. This site was designed for bitchin about the CWB. lol

Comment

We have sprayed puma on canaryseed but it was an accident. It was a very clean crop however it did appear to have a effect on the head size when harvesting.

As mentioned above, try and find some avenge

Comment

Puma at 25 acres per jug buctril or curtail at normar rate don't spray past 3 leaf works good use 10 gallons of water spray

Comment

We have used the 20 acre rate of Puma in the past with FULL rate of Buctril M.
            DO NOT USE Puma if canary under ANY stress!!or bigger than 3 leaf.
            Last year the puma advance smoked alot of neighbours canary even under ideal conditions and I was told by retailer and Bayer rep not to use it on canary.
            I will also be looking at other products for wild oat control for when/if I grow Canary again.

Comment

Puma decreased our yield by about 50 percent in
              canary. Heads and height were severely stunted.

Comment

I used puma frontline mix, Put omex P3 in the tank and it will reduce crop injury. done this before its fine although puma is a hit and miss chemical. Avedex is the best for canary.

Comment

Sorry iment omex C3.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I took the puma back and got some Avenge.

Comment

i had 2 quarters across road last year, applied full rate plus Buctril M on one field and it ran 17 bu and field with straight Buctril M was 40ish. And it was the least amount of damage i have seen. I have done this many years with mixed results but this convinced me to not use Puma anymore.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...