• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Dakota

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

North Dakota

Reports of as yesterday is North Dakota only 50% done seeding. SE Sask and Manitoba may be similar to that also. Same question as last year .What crop got shorted acres? I think canola acres took acres away from other crops this year so something has to be down big time.

durum and lentils are the biggest losers of acres in the SE Sask and ND area I would bet.

Comment

SE sask 10% done I think CWRS & Canola gone in some peas. Rain today done seeding now.

Comment

MGE JULY WHT, down 50 cents this morning, hope y'all outta your old crop FPContracts.
        New crop months down 10-12 cents.

Comment

I'm guessing flax acres are way down. On our farm for the past number of years we always had some flax acres seeded.
          This year we have none and I'm beginning to think with all the problems in the south east we may be wishing we would have seeded some.
          Oh well just be another crop we would have laying in dust!

Comment

SW MB 0 to 50% seeded but average around 20% mark, seems the same across the border. Problem I'm being told now is that the water table is so high that seed and plants are rotting and upto a third of seeded land could be lost. Deloraine received over an inch yesterday, might as well have been 10 inches because I think it's all over for 2011. Only hope that that KAP pull out their fingers and demand an increase from $50 from the govt for insurance on flooded acres.

Comment

Same here in South Central Manitoba,lots of cereal crops that were sown just before May long are very spotty in emergence. Water table to high, seed in 3/4 in but just rotted. Only thing that looks good is canola that was floated on.

Comment

Yeah, west of Winnipeg, lots of rotted oats, and a fair jag of wheat not up yet, very spotty emergence. Canola did the best. What a mess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...