• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Aug 1/2012 what will TOM4CWB be doing?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Aug 1/2012 what will TOM4CWB be doing?

There must be a party in the works?

But what will he do with his spare time? What will he complain about? Will there be anyone to blame when he loses Money farming?

Comment

I said thre was one good thing about losing the CWB, no more complaining about it from T4!

Comment

end of jan wheat was 1.65 lower through the screw you board than rolla n.d.

Comment

Party time should have happened in 1995 when
          the crow flew away.

Comment

Agstar77,

Will you be telling us how much money we are losing... cause the CWB has to compete for our wheat?

Perhaps the family and I will be on a holiday... in Montana... after delivering some loads of wheat to Sweetgrass?

Or... will we be busy loading railcars... with offboard wheat???

Comment

You still think you will have railcars? There is not a chance the line companies will let thyat happen after they have total market power. Why do you think there will be a CWB to compete for your grain? Then you will have a new target!

Comment

Agstar77,

If there is no CWB... then perhaps I can buy some good used rail cars of my own (from the CWB fleet)... instead of buying STUPID ships OUR family won't ever use!

There are many others in the world... that buy grain than the big four in western Canada. Terminals that they don't own on the west coast...

Fear mongering works some of the time... on some of the people...77 are you going to make sure the CWB is sabotaged... so I won't be able to sell it any grain?

Comment

You have done that already.

Comment

AgStar. you better then that to pull out that old argument. Getting desperate I see. Railcars are legislated. Its a farmers right to get a producer car. Nothing to do with the CWB. anyways, why should every other farmer subsidize producer cars. Getting 5 or 10 cars delivered to the middle of no where. Do they pay the true cost?

Comment

AgStar. you know better then that to pull out that old argument. Getting desperate I see. Railcars are legislated. Its a farmers right to get a producer car. Nothing to do with the CWB. anyways, why should every other farmer subsidize producer cars. Getting 5 or 10 cars delivered to the middle of no where. Do they pay the true cost?

Comment

Everyone take a deep breath and repeat after me "aaa It's all good"

Such a negative vibe here..

I thought this thread would have a positive celabratory tone. Can we not give Tom one day to enjoy what he our fellow agriville member has fought so long for. Being granted his decades long wish to sell his own friggin grain.

My hat is off to you Tom... you fought the long hard fight for agricultural freedom. Olds College ot to put you in their Agriculture hall of fame.

To the rest of you for one friggin day can you not show your fellow member some respect! really... It's sad the Wheat board BS has gone on for so long. Harper is off to a good start!

Comment

Is it just me or does T4's name say TOM4CWB??? Doesn't that mean just how it sounds??? Maybe I am seeing things.......

Comment

Agstar77,

I have dreamed of our family farm starting up a flour/processing mill for 20 years.

Perhaps we will begin setting it up!

Pour the first footings... Aug 1 2012?!

Comment

BTO,

I am 4 the CWB being honest.

I am 4 the CWB providing premium prices.

I am 4 the CWB providing wise and astute risk management.

I am 4 the CWB marketing cash grain... every business day of the year.

I am 4 the CWB providing the OPTION of pooling... to those grain growers willing to contract and take responsibility for the pool... and paying 100 percent of the CWB cost for that pool.

The CWB COULD have done all these things... in fact had a responsibility to provide all these things... after the 1998 transition.

The CWB had a RESPONSIBILITY to encourage individual growers to develop premium markets. MAKE the pie bigger... by providing market intelegence and good advice creating prosperity for everyone in the process.

THESE things are yet to be accomplished. I look forward to being a part of the solution!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...