• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frost

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frost

Heard it was -3 or lower for a few hours last night from battlefords north.Anybody hear how bad it hurt canola

Just at N.B. 0 to -1 15 miles north -2 to -3 and north of the ridge at glaslyn to Meadow Lake and St. Wahlburg -5 to -6. Meota area some -4's. All the canola in the harder hit areas that made the first two frosts but 80% was up now. Not sure on extent of damage yet but I know it is bad at Meadow. -5 for 5 hrs of dry frost does major damage at the one leaf stage. Some fields still getting reseeded arround the Battlefords due to dropping plant counts from the first three frost.

Comment

Hmmm... Frost and no where near a full moon. Hmmm.....

Comment

Ya i know, new moon, full moon whatever. It was spot on for two years but I guess it makes life interesting.

Comment

It's "climate change" so anything goes!

I heard a theory that the earth's core is TOO hot!
          Sure as hell NOT in Canada.

Comment

update on frost here
            was it a week 10 days ago.
            this AM did the tour
            on the third of fields hit hard
            had nice catch of 1 1/2 inch 4 leaf
            am surprised how many are done
            from 50-95% are dead
            guess that's why a lot of fields
            do not show a hint of green from road.

late comers are filling in enough for a stand. but barely
            had a tenth and a 1/2 4 days ago and
            1/2 tenth this am and that's it for april may

Comment

weekend frost here has done in some more canola crops in the Meota area east towards Mayfair and north to Meadow Lake and over to Paradise Hill. Some areas west and south west that were week are been taken out as well. Cutworm Damage seems to be worse south and west of the Battlefords. Some in my neck of the woods - North East.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...