• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Ag and Food moisture maps..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Ag and Food moisture maps..

The area with drought conditions is now bigger than the area of excess moisture by accumulative and percent moisture recieved in the last 60 days. Dry area centered on the Sask - Alberta boarder. Not sayin what is better or worse, just an observation.

This is the same areas hit by recent damaging dry frosts and now cutworm and flea bettle outbreaks that are taking out some fields as I type this. We sprayed all remaining canola stands for cutworms and fleabeatles last night and are hopeing for a rain to save what we have not reseeded. Ah fun on the farm.

Comment

Radar shows precip from Rosetown up to Meadow lake, NB, Lloyd.
      Amounting to anything?

Comment

I still haven't figured out what drives a person to do this(farm) for a living!!! Any ideas??

Comment

farmaholic, I can't sing, and I am too fat to fly. That leaves me with farming.

Comment

LOL.... No, very little precip so far - my feeling is the atmosphere is too dry so far but my gut feeling is that is trying to change. We are still O.K. due to cool temps - odd but true. Subsoil moisture is good but just too much shit happening at/above ground level for good plant growth.
            Been up for 36 hrs
            Time to go to sleep, I am babling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...