• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really really dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really really dry

Here in East central AB it hasn't rained since the snow left latter part of April. It is extremely dry and fields are struggling to germinate. The strong winds took most of the moisture away from the furrow preventing germination. If i here bruce from the CWB talking about how wet it is one more time i'm gonna lose it.

But, the majority of the market talk is around too much rain. Here it is all seeded but growth is painful. Is the market aware of these challenges?

All the market sees is that it is sowed,bumper crop for sure in their eyes

Comment

WD9,

We after the frosts we do need rain to fill in stands and help the injured Canola plants recover especially.

Please Everyone...Say a prayer... this planet is unbalanced in its weather systems... we truly need some devine help to bring our crops along and finish seeding.

Comment

Please Everyone...Say a prayer... this planet is
        unbalanced in its weather systems... we truly
        need some devine help to bring our crops along
        and finish seeding.

You serious, the world and weather is variable,
        get used to it. It sucks big time, but that's life.
        Not a damn thing getting on your knees and
        praying going to do about it. Better off to pray
        fior what you have in life that what you don't.

Comment

I wish I could send you some rain wd9. 2/3 done
          seeding and waiting to get back on the field here
          in southern Alberta. Water everywhere. Roads
          are in terrible shape.
          Still time if we get the crop in soon though.

Keep optimistic, we're all in this together.

Proverbs 15:29

Comment

Wheatking,

Thanks for your input.

This promise holds more for my family and I:
            2 Chronicles 7:13-I may shut the sky so that there is no rain, or command grasshoppers to devour the countryside, or send an epidemic among my people. 14However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear [their prayer] from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country. 15My eyes will be open, and my ears will pay attention to those prayers at this place."

Comment

Here's the religion deal for guys like Tom.
              First, there is more than one flavour of religion; which means that Christianity isn't the only valid one.
              Second, no one has the right to force their version (or the equally valid right to not believe in organized religion of any kind) on anyone else.
              ergo, everyone keeps their quotes to themselves except during debates that others agree to participate in.

Comment

My strong suspicicion is that with or without "prayer" of any kinds; and irregardless of the amount or strength or emotions expressed; the atmosphere will not be influenced in any way.
                Thank "god" that it is so.

Comment

dogooder who is it going to hurt? Be a little more tolerant.

Comment

Whoa, Begood- reading the thread I come to the conclusion that you are forcing your views on us more than the other two ever were. The thread developed to where they were merely having a conversation between themselves and you were the one who jumped in trying to "clarify" for us what we should be thinking, based on how you have experienced life. You are correct- there are more religions out there than Christianity. You, like us and them, have the right to say what you want, but I would suggest a bit more tolerance and forethought prior to try to evangelize us to your way of thinking. WheatKing merely said "say a prayer"... he did not indicate to whom, it was not specific, so that left it wide open for anyone,anywhere to pray to anyone/thing that they chose. If the thread really offends you, you also have the right to not continue reading it.

Comment

Here in south east sask very little crop is in and prospects do not look good. Most now are looking forward to the fall and maybe seeding fall crops and pumping water when the weather changes. Prayer and faith help many of us get through this year. We can't begin to understand why things happen the way they do but can take solace in the belief that someone greater is in charge. Take care out there

Comment

begood,

Thanks for your information.

I believe more is going on than you state.

"Ephesians 6:10-Finally, receive your power from the Lord and from his mighty strength. 11Put on all the armor that God supplies. In this way you can take a stand against the devil's strategies. 12This is not a wrestling match against a human opponent. We are wrestling with rulers, authorities, the powers who govern this world of darkness, and spiritual forces that control evil in the heavenly world."

When there is no rain for months... or too much rain that hurts everyone so they can not finish seeding... this is difficult. Just asking those with the faith... to pray for help for our Country.

God Bless Canada.

Comment

If something is charge, it's making a P poor job of it!!

Comment

agstar, "poor job of it" according to the plans of whom? A little humility can go a long way in making our lot a lot more tolerable.

As for the realities we face, it helps to remember this -

"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, And cold and heat, And summer and winter, And day and night Shall not cease."Gen, 22:8, NASB(©1995)

While it is a divine edict of a universal nature, the local situation can vary considerably!

I think it wise to throw ourselves completely on Divine Providence while doing all we can to fulfill our own responsibility.

What more can one do?

Comment

So, are any of you proactive prayers, or does it only come when you're feeling down?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...