• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of control

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of control

When it takes 2000 bus of canola @ $12 to pay for one pellet of canola seed 45 bus, I think the seed companies are out of control. Every year the seed and the fees go up reguardless of where the market is. Where will it end? I guess when were broke!

Well, there is one solution to this problem...we just have to stop buying the seed and switch back to open pollinated varieties where we can bin run our own seed.

Just like the evils of Wal Mart, it's the customers who are doing it, not the corporations. If we stop buying their products, they're dead in the water.

This is one of the benefits of capitalism that we all love. It gives us the power, even though at times it doesn't seem that way.

Capitalism also allows some people to get "rich" and expand their businesses and out bid others for land, such as Hutterite colonies and other large farmers. Some people are jealous of these folk.

But hey, if we can't beat them, we want them to suffer and threaten to do harm to them. How sad is that.

Comment

When does the patent for RR canola run out?

Comment

Who has heard of brown bag canola?

Comment

If your source for Brown Bagged canola has done a good enough job with quality control, you shouldn't have to worry about Cleaves, mustard, kochia, etc.....

But then, you just have to take their word for it.... especially if it hasn't been inspected, treated, ID preserved, etc.

More to the price of Canola seed than a $12.00 bin run.

Comment

There are certain canola varieties we are not supposed to plant. how well did that work for flax growers to buy certified???

Comment

And we get some roundup resistance in liberty, oh gee I gotta go to bed

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...