• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun News

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun News

What happened to the great radical sun news channel?? I was hoping some of you great sun news supporters could tell me!!

Never mind, i found out that sun news basically wanted to be on the air for almost no fee, so bell yanked them.

Comment

Still on Shaw/Starchoice.

Comment

4,000 viewers of their prime time slots. i hope dr ho isn't paying too much for the ads.

Comment

Yank about 1/2 billion of CBCs funding, give it to
          sun news, and voila, balance!

Comment

I have enjoyed watching some of their shows.
            More opinions than we usually see on Canadian
            tv

Comment

The sun news circus was created many think as a method to sideswipe the canada election act for donations, so that the good ole boys could donate some oil money to the propaganda advertising of the the boys they control. You know the oil companies etc. that are foreign owned usa, does china have any oil companies here?

I didn't watch much but what I did was bizarre at best, have to admit a good laugh up town too. Most people couldn't decide whether they were trying to be serious or if it is a spoof on the reporting of news kinda like a reform air farce show it was so nonsensical.

Not on Bell anymore? neighbor says he couldn't stand that humming sound in the background, he'll be pleased. lol
              Don't think it was a conincidence it ended one day after the election was done, pretty much shows what the intention was.

Comment

OTTAWA - Sun News Network watchers subscribing to Bell Satellite services can no longer see the upstart news channel -- the signal went black Tuesday morning.

While the channel slot remains, it has been replaced with a message explaining that Sun TV "has been taken down at the request of the owners of Sun News."

Luc Lavoie, head of development for Sun News, says Bell forced parent company Quebecor's hand, and they had no other option but to remove its signal, because Bell refused to sign a carriage agreement.

"We sent them a proposal that was a carbon copy of the agreement of what we agreed to with Shaw, and they said it was excessive." Lavoie said.

"Bell owns CP24, Business News Network and CTV News Channel; the proposal we made for them was below what they are paying themselves for those channels."

Lavoie added. "We think this an undue advantage and an abuse of power."

Quebecor plans to file a formal complaint with the CRTC Wednesday.

Sun News Network is fielding thousands of e-mails and phone calls from viewers who are upset that they can't watch the upstart news channel on Bell's service package.

"All we can tell them is: call Bell." Lavoie said.

Sun News is a Category 2 specialty channel, and requires carriage agreements from companies such as Shaw, Rogers, Bell and Videotron in order for subscribers to see it.

Comment

No surprise as the 'Liberal' media hates Sun... especially now Harper Conservatives have a majority.

Subscribe to Shaw/Starchoice... DUMP BELL.

THE BEAVERS HAVE GONE TOO FAR... TRYING TO DAM UP THE SUN!

IT WILL NOT WORK!!!

THE LIGHT WILL GET THROUGH!!!

Comment

Tom, you know I have an old welding helmet and ear plugs I can send to you because that light from the sun news blinds peoples judgement, then they walk around like sheep in the darkness.
                    lol Wouldn't want that to happen to you, ah shit too late!

Comment

You can teach an old left wing farmer... but you cannot teach them much!

Comment

I know what you mean, but it's not just left wing it's also centre and right wing, ahhhhhm ...........you were referring to hockey weren't you, as in how did the flames and oilers do this year? I don't seem to see them much past march anymore! lol

Comment

Rider;

The Oilers won hands down!

Take one look at the Canadian political map NOW!

It is Orange and Blue...

Canada is now 'Oiler Country'!!!

Comment

lol good one!

You see you can teach an old farmer new tricks, are you admitting the oilers bought the game? But remember no team can survive without a good centreman! lol

You guys gonna dump the other red iggy too? lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...