• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So its a Done Deal! JACK, IGGY and Jules!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its a Done Deal! JACK, IGGY and Jules!!

So from what I got out of tonight's French Debate. Yes I'm really shitty with french but from the debate I get one thing that's very clear.
    Their is a deal between the Liberanos the NDP and the Block. Once the elections over and Harper wins but just same as it is now the liberanos will go to the governor general and say hey Harper cant govern and the country doesn't need another election so we will try to form government.
    YEA and then the East will take over the West.
    Funny thing in this election that no one down east understands.
    Quebec can say they want to leave Canada but need us to feed them to survive. The west can leave Canada and surprise survive and prosper.
    So maybe the east should rethink their position.

If Harper can keep is lead in Ontario. I think we will see a last minute shift in Quebec and Atlantic Canada that will give him his Majorty. They will want a couple MPs at the Cabinet Table. His to loose at this point I think.

Comment

Saskfarmer, relax. A majority is on its
      way. Ignatieff sucked at the debates.
      Layton is inroading the lefty vote with
      his decent performance. A split will
      occur.

Comment

I think you may be right freewheat.

Comment

I'm hoping enough Canadians think that way too.

Comment

If the Reform Party IS this Crooked with a Minority what the Hell will they do to us with a Majority ?

Our kids and grandkids will be paying off the debt. They will make the Mulroney era look honest and fiscally responsible

Comment

The Liberals are the ones who have destroyed this countries finances. Trudeau ran huge deficits when the country had no debt. Canada will never recover from the mess he left us in. Last time the Libs were in power they stole what? 100 million dollars of our money? Liberal equals liar.

Comment

When the US went to war with Iraq I stood and listened to a high up Sask conservative say if Chreitian does not go to war with the US to Iraq it is sure to hurt trade between our countries. They wanted our banking system to go to a US system also. How can anyone with a brain not say those 2 things sure saved our Country?

Comment

From the Ottawa Citizen

My open letter to Ignatieff

Enduring months of agony is a small price to pay for the privilege of honouring the memory of Tommy Douglas,

By Gerry Nicholls, Ottawa Citizen

Liberal leader Michael Ignatieff recently released an "open letter" on the future of health care in Canada.

This inspired me to write my own open letter to the Liberal leader.

Check it out:

Dear Michael,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on our health-care system.

First off, let me say it warms my heart to see a busy politician tackle an issue that's so important to the people who matter most in this election: your pollsters.

Of course, we can both take pride in the fact that ailing Canadians have access to places where they can receive timely and excellent medical services. Unfortunately, those places are in the United States.

Mind you, those of us not rich enough to jet off to foreign private clinics do have access to something that's nearly as good as actual health care -waiting lists. OK, I know waiting lists are a sore spot for nitpickers obsessed with "improving" our health-care system.

Just a few years ago, for instance, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled in a "landmark" decision that "access to a waiting list is not access to health care." Spoilsports. Why can't people just see the up side to waiting?

I mean in a world where "instant gratification" has become an obsession, we Canadians are lucky enough to have the chance to appreciate and learn from our lingering illnesses and pains.

For one thing, we are all learning about the high costs of drugs needed to keep us alive while on waiting lists. And for those who keep complaining about waiting for things like hip or heart surgery, I say enduring months of agony is a small price to pay for the privilege of honouring the memory of Tommy Douglas.

Also let's not forget how our over-crowded emergency rooms help build a strong sense of community!

That's what I keep telling my doctor ... well I used to tell that to my doctor. I don't have a doctor any more. Of course, lots of Canadians don't have a doctor these days and experts say it's going to get harder and harder to find one in the future.

But hey, that's OK, who needs a doctor when you can just "Google" the symptoms?

Besides, I am sure sooner or later my chest pains will go away.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, your excellent open letter. One thing you neglect to point out is how so many other countries around the world are emulating our Canadian model, the one where citizens have no other choice but to rely on the government-run health-care monopoly.

Well, that's not quite true. Most other countries in the world, including places like the United Kingdom and Sweden, actually give their citizens the right to access private health-care options. But at least we can point to Cuba and North Korea. They have a system like ours and they are solid comrades!

At any rate, I see you're promising to spend lots and lots of more government money to make our health-care system even better.

Some might point out that throwing money at our healthcare system hasn't really helped improve things much in the past.

But you and I both know that's beside the point.

All that really matters is that you're willing to take a largely symbolic, not to mention massively costly stance, to show Canadians how much you care about getting elected. That's almost like real leadership. Plus, Prime Minister Stephen Harper and NDP leader Jack Layton are unwilling to come up with any new ideas to reform health care. So why should you be any different?

Anyhow, I would like to write more about this crucial issue, Michael, but I have to go now and check Google. I am suddenly feeling this strange tingling in my left arm.

Gerry Nicholls is a political consultant and writer.

(gerrynicholls.com)

Comment

Oh, here's a good one from the moron Count.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Iggys-flood-condolences-hit-wrong-target-119799989.html

"My deepest sympathies go out to the people of Manitoba who are dealing with the devastating effects of the Red River flooding, and especially to those families who have lost loved ones to the flood waters near Brandon," leader Michael Ignatieff was quoted as saying.

Two flood-related deaths have been reported in Manitoba this spring, both involving vehicles that wound up under water.

One occurred last week northwest of Otterburne, in the Red River Valley southeast of Winnipeg. The other took place on Sunday near Lac du Bonnet, northeast of Winnipeg.

Brandon is located approximately 200 kilometres west of Winnipeg.

The Liberal Party of Canada has corrected a press release that initially consoled Manitoba families who lost loved ones to the flood near Brandon, where no flood-related fatalities have been reported.

Comment

Come on now!

You should be glad they managed to get Brandon in the right province.

I think to most Liberal staffers, Brandon is that cute boy that brings them their latte.

Comment

Amazing!
                        A few days ago Fransisco called me rediculous for pointing out Beck had to make a retraction for calling Van Jones a convicted felon when in fact Jones was never even tried in court on the charges.

Fransisco wrote: "Good grief you people are ridiculous...but one can see how an honest mistake, or a factual error could be made.
                        On top of which Beck corrected himself when the error was pointed out. This does not make him some kind of evil genius out to destroy the world. Get a grip people.

So it is simply a mistake and should be forgiven and forgotten when a conservative pundit mistakenly (?) defames someone, but when a "moron count" as Fransisco labels the Leader of the Liberal party makes a mistake about location of a tragedy when offering condolenses to the family Fransisco is first in finger pointing, and name calling.

At least it never took the Liberals 4 months to correct their error as it did Beck!

Comment

No, I said you were ridiculous not "rediculous". And here you are again being ridiculous trying to draw some kind of equivalency between these two events when there isn't any.

Van Jones actually did spend time in jail. And that was not the main point of Beck's argument. Van Jones himself admits that the time he spent in jail is one of the things that led him to becoming a communist. Which was the main point that Van Jones was a communist.

Count Iggy's Liberals didn't get one little thing wrong here. They got the whole thing wrong.

No one accidentally died in Brandon because of flooding. And the Libs are disingenuous in the extreme when they go trolling for votes with this kind of faux sympathy in the midst of what is obviously a major tragedy for the families involved. If they're going to exploit other peoples misfortune for their own personal gain the least they can do is get the story right. But they can't even do that. Hence they are "morons" and frankly that is being too generous, but I'll leave it at that.

Comment

A comment on HFl's post. Too bad facts get in the way of his rant. First, contrary to his statement, Canada was not debt free when Trudeau took office. There as about 17 billion in fed debt.

Nor is Trudeau responsible for all of this country's debt. Trudeau and the liberals did increase the debt by about 200 billion dollars during the next 16 years in power.

But then in the next 9 years of Mulroney Conservative government the debt rose by a further $300 billion.

The Liberal governments of Chrétien and Martin introduced a decade of surpluses and actually reduced the debt by about 100 million.

And now Harper has already wiped out the debt reduction the Liberals achieved by again deficit budgeting. Harper's 50 billion dollar deficit was in fact the highest deficit ever in Canada!

Contrary to HFL claim the Liberals stole 100 million, the Gomery commission found 2 million in contracts were awarded without bidding and 1.75 million was paid for work not done. The commission called for 1 million to be repaid so the sponsorship scandal losses total about 2.75 million. I hope HFL can give real evidence of the other 97.25 million he claims the Liberals stole. By the way, it will be interesting to see how much of the 50 million of questionable spending the auditor general has identified arising out of Harpers G8 billion dollar budget was unethically or illegally spent! The next auditor general's report may be even more damning of the Cons than it was of the Libs!

Liars are not just Liberals, you can find them in any party. Even more numerous are people who make broad statements, half truths, and exaggerate stats to try to influence others. I encourage all readers to look for the truth before believing broad statements like HFL makes. If you want to know more about Canadian debt, who caused it, and why it really happened, read http://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/pdfs/Canada's_deficit.pdf

The really scary part of this read is the revelation that Trudeau’s huge spendings were prompted by the high oil prices and stagflation of the 70”s. Harpers deficits have grown out of high oil prices and economic recession of the late 2000s. Very similar responses to similar problems. And while it may seem spending was the proper action at the time, the real economic problems start when interest rates climb. Unfortunately, I am afraid the costs to Canada as the result of Harper’s deficit spending will be even more severe than the interest costs Canada incurred after Trudeau.

Comment

dmlfarmer, Trudeau dramatically increased the
                              deficit at a time when the economy was good,
                              and entrenched future spending. We are still
                              paying.

The unaccounted funds from adscam were
                              somewhere north of 40 million. Money that was
                              never paid back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...