• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harper now loves the CWB?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harper now loves the CWB?

Apparently the Tory ag platform released last Friday only pledges to end the CWB monopoly on barley and doesn't mention the wheat monopoly. Does anyone have any further info on this?

from the CPC platform, page 59.

CANADIAN WHEAT BOARD
    We will continue to work with Western Canadian grain farmers to
    ensure that the results of the barley plebiscite are respected and
    that they are given the freedom to choose whether to sell grain on
    the open market or through the Canadian Wheat Board.

Comment

yeah it is not an election issue. I don't think the conservatives give a shit about farmers in this election. Just take their votes for granted.

I don't think they will do anything. I am hopeful but not overly excited that the day after a majority they will say western canadian farmers are free.

2cents.

Comment

I just saw him in a barn in Ontario pledging that Marketing boards are safe?
        You can't mean Stevie has a double standard?
        You can't mean Stevie doesn't mean what he says?
        You can't mean he's a lying power hungry s.o.b saying and doing anything to keep Control?

I'll say one thing for him
        He definitely is a Piece of Work

Comment

So why is he any different than the others?? They all want a majority and will promise anything to get one. This is not not about government, this is Canadian politics. We, the voters, only matter at election time..And we seem to be willing to believe anything time and time again..

Comment

My bet is Mid may they announce a new barley freedom day August 1st,2011 and announce Wheat plebiscite same day. probably not a weighted ballot but a high enough threshold to ensure commercial production. No landlords.
            Only in case of majority govt. In case of coalition govt. All bets are off.

Not saying I like it just calling it as I see it.

BTW I threw the barley monoply way under the bus this afternoon.

Comment

Mustardman,

It is CONSERVATIVE POLICY, voted on and approved at the National AGM/Policy Convention... that determined the Conservative Supply Management Policy and How PM Harper will deal with this issue. It is not dreamed up in the back room at the PMO... like you insinuate. It is the policy as a result of the Conservative members Nationally holding a vote.

The CWB was dealt with with the opposite result to supply management. Marketing Freedom (including the CWB as an option) was/is the result of the Conservative members National Policy vote. This is simple democracy at work. PM Harper has been respectful and implemented approved Conservative National Policy.

There is no hypocrisy or discrepancy in PM Harper's position on the CWB and Supply Management. A simple inconvenient truth... Mustard!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...